Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pure Hellspawn

Our new poop. Benedict XVI

Cool, another old guy to drop dead relatively soon.

I hope the next pope is this Brazilian guy. It would rule if he shook up the church by busting into Capoeira.

Numbermind said:

Before flaming begins:
Joining the Hitler Youth was not always voluntary.

Yeah I was going to say that. Also his dad was anti-nazi and he himself deserted the SS.

Joining the Hitler Youth was not always voluntary.

Like the Vatican would care about something like that...
The vatican supported the Nazis anti-jew campaign prior to WWII and remained neutral during the war eventhough they knew about the death camps.
I always thought they selected a Polish Pope last time to show the world they had learned from their mistakes.

Selecting a German Pope with a Nazi history suggests otherwise...

(Of course the vatican cannot change, as they represent the unchangable God and any change in policy is just a figment of our overactive imagination.)

This new pope will last us a few years. Start thinking about the next pope (possibly chosen Benedict XVI so they could have a little more time to think who the real deal is, hence the popes age).

I'm a little confused as to why they would choose an old guy. I would think you would want someone younger, who is able to be constantly pounding out the Catholic world tour. It seems to me that in a religion with declining interest, you would want it's leader everywhere at once spreading the word, no?

My mom (who is Catholic) was telling me about this new pope and how conservative he is. When she told me how old he is, I said he'll be dead in 3 years. Her response cracked me up: "Hopefully sooner... oh what did I just say! That was awful!"

footman said:

Poop for pope!

Finally, a pope we can trust to be honest about being shitty.

gatewatcher said:

you would want it's leader everywhere at once spreading the word, no?

"Its".

Fredrik said:

"Its".

Monty Python's Flying Circus

(yes, I know it's supposed to be "it's" in this context)

omg it's palpatine!

The pope said:

The Empire is on the verge of success. Soon, peace and order will be restored throughout the galaxy. Even now, our capable forces, led by Darth Vader, are striking back at the rebel insurgents.

exp(x) said:

My mom (who is Catholic) was telling me about this new pope and how conservative he is. When she told me how old he is, I said he'll be dead in 3 years. Her response cracked me up: "Hopefully sooner... oh what did I just say! That was awful!"

** that really cracked me up!

FINALLY! I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed the similarities between our new pope and the evil emperor. *shudders*

m0l0t0v said:

Selecting a German Pope with a Nazi history suggests otherwise...

Excuse me, but having been in the Hitler youth as a boy like pretty much every other boy in that time in Germany can hardly be called a personal "Nazi history". Even jewish boys wanted to be in the Hitler youth back then (no joke).

-Says that the child molestation in the church was exhaggerated by media
-said that it is ONLY 1% of priests... well 1% times a million (just a figure I don't know how many there are) is 10000... multiy that by how many kids they victomize.. let's say 5, 50000 hypotetical child molestation victoms is apparently no big deal, even if the numbers are lower.
-says buddaism (sp) is a religion of the arrogant.
-says catholocism alone bears the responsibility of world salvation
-was a nazi and loved it... well who knows right? Seems like it would fit with all the other stuff.