Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Scabbed Angel

Adocromedia

Good. Now maybe flash / dreamweaver / freehand will go back to their photoshop-ripoff layouts and get rid of this MX bollocks once and for all.

Layoutwise they should listen to Discreet.

Makes me think of something which I dubbed "The Photoshop Effect" (not an unfamiliar concept, but one I named nonetheless).

Let's face it: all these people selling software with three- or four-figure price tags might as well be cracking the software themselves and sending it out on the net. Why? Because legitimate established businesses do not run on warez'd software. Startup outfits, however, are faced with two options: attempt to find open-source solutions or gather money for retail. Open-source solutions are riddled with problems-- they mostly don't play well with each other, they often struggle to support standard filetypes, and their interfaces-- if you're lucky enough to find a full-featured one-- suffer the lack of a full design team with years of color scheme and usability research to reference (usually the UI is a jumbled mess suited only for the program's creator, who is invariably technically-minded).

Alternately, you can expect to shell out a couple thousand dollars for retail... which is a slim chance considering the money pit a startup business can be as it is.

So we have college students and such poking around in their cracked versions of Photoshop. Photoshop will be the first piece of software they buy when they have the money and ends to meet. Photoshop goes on their resume, for which the company hiring them will shell out money if it doesn't already have it. Adobe profits. Everyone wins, I guess.

Anyway, good for these guys. I hope the next version of Flash has some good 3D to work with.

I am a big fan of both companies products. Hopefully they come out with something killer. But, as it stands, both companies software is already expensive... I hope this merge doesn't make it cost even more.

Photoshop cost me £29.99. Ok, its "Limited edition", which i imagine mean its got less features, but it does everything i need