Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Andy Tran

Demon Sprites (animated) but need name suggestions

give him legs that do not suck and i will give you an answer.

Aw hell.

'Void Tyrant' would be a cool demon name.

but seriously, fix those legs, man.

That's quite cool, I like the fact. However, it needs contrast to make it look more 3d. People would ultimately say that more shades and smooth looks make things less cartoonish. Unfortunately, it's the opposite. I found that using 5-6 shades, but well contrasted (ranging even to near black as You know) might spice things up and create a more 3d appearance. Alternatively You could boost contrast via image manipulation tools.

You know what, I always prefered names completely made up. Not things like xxx demon or baron of xxx. If you want this monster to be recognized, give him a one word name. And stronger looking legs.

My propositions would be:
Askudar - just a name, don't need to explain it
Carcass - he's like a walking mound of various bodies
Tatterflesh - he's rotten, and he's made out of flesh...

Hmmm....Thanks for bringing this up, I haven't done any name-giving exercises in quite a while :)
How about...Cybernetic Scout, or Hell Grunt, or Goat Thug, or Hell Bishop...or any other combination of those terms should do. (example: Goat Bishop, Goat Scout, Cybernetic Thug, etc. etc.)

Very unique sprite work. But indeed, the legs could use a bit more muscle and bulk on them. Overall, a thumbs up.

Be creative damnit, and listen to Ellmo:

ellmo said:

You know what, I always prefered names completely made up. Not things like xxx demon or baron of xxx. If you want this monster to be recognized, give him a one word name. And stronger looking legs.

My propositions would be:
Askudar - just a name, don't need to explain it
Carcass - he's like a walking mound of various bodies
Tatterflesh - he's rotten, and he's made out of flesh...

What about, the Bruiser. Somehow I find some familiarty with that monster from ROE.
Hey, would you like to do the DOOM 3 Maggot for the DOOM 2.5 project? Or the fat zombie, both are like concrete wall that I can't pass.

Thanks, I'll go with Cyber demon scount! Thanks! Btw, it is true that you don't have to use a lot of shades to make realistic looking images. You would need good contrast, that's right. I've tried with 15 shades and no dark shades it looked bad. I did that in the past and totally screw realistic images up. Of course, it's important that you understand how they handle the light and shadow. Thanks for all the ideas guys!