Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Draconio

Doom Builder 3D mode scale

I've noticed something a bit weird about Doom Builder's 3D mode. When I'm working with an area there, the scale of the area is distorted from how it appears in Doom. Specifically, the floor space appears larger in Doom Builder, so that a hallway that looks easily passable is in fact cramped. On the other hand, the height of ceilings ends up looking higher in Doom than in Doom Builder's 3D mode.

My question is, is there any way I can adjust the settings in Doom Builder to make its scale more accurate to how the map will actually look, or is this just something I have to develop a feel for?

Its the due to the aspect in windowed mode. When you use a resolution simular to the Doom resolution (320x200, 640x400, etc) it will look exactly the same, but in windowed mode you dont have such a standard resolution. I can make a custom aspect option for 3D Mode in the next version so you can set the aspect manually, however, that may give some odd results if you have no clue what you're doing.

Or just use full-screen 3d mode, by unchecking windowed mode in the 3d mode options. That way it will look exactly like it should.

Can't you just letterbox the windowed mode? Black bars on the sides of the screen to get a 4:3 window in the middle?