Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
insertwackynamehere

Drugs and how you feel

I generally am against all drugs EXCEPT pot and alcohol. I personally am against those two, also however. I am against cigarettes as much as any so-called "hard" illegal drug. So whats your opinion?

insertwackynamehere said:

I ... am against all drugs EXCEPT pot and alcohol. I ... am against those two, also however.

Psyonisis said:

People can put whatever they want into their bodies, but I lose respect for someone if they harm themselves with a drug (intentionally).

Example would be the people that are proud of themselves for puking all over the place after getting plastered.

Same here, really. Though I loose respect for people quite quickly when they do them, including alcohol. I can see reasons for drinking some, but never to excess.

Marijuana
Mushrooms
LSD
DMT
Opium
Hash
Peyote
Percocet
Oxycontin
Guinness

...are OK in my book.

So whats your opinion?

Probably more coherent than yours despite the fact I use drugs.

well, pot and some alcohol only nowadays

I've never had a reason to do them, an I'm already wierd enough as it is (You know your wierd when your short, hyper-active friend who is always carrying a flute to play calls you "Crazy").

I don't have a problem with any drugs. I won't do anything but drink alcohol or smoke weed, but it's not in my place to tell other people what to do with their bodies. If someone I'm close to is having problems with drug abuse, I'd try to help them to the extent of my ability, but some things are just beyond my control.

I'll only ever do alcohol and weed, though I might consider smoking pipe tobacco or cloves some day. All other drugs I don't care for but I don't care if anyone else does them.

I've seen what drugs can do to people. I know someone who got so doped up on weed every day that they'd end up just passing out. Also, it made them a very unpleasant person. That's not someone I want to be.

I've experimented with weed in the past and I have to say it did nothing for me. Not even the slightest buzz. The only drugs I use are alcohol and, on a much less regular basis, nicotine. I've cut down a lot on both of those in recent months though. I'm trying not to let substances run my life, which is why I stay well away from other drugs.

I love getting drunk. it makes me happier than i have been in quite a long while.

I'm into alcohol and marijuana, I really haven't had an opportunity to try other mind-altering drugs. I'm interested in trying mushrooms or some other hallucinogenic sometime, but maybe that's just because I've been reading too much H.S. Thompson lately.

I like being drunk more than I do being stoned.

I've been clean now for nearly 4 weeks. No conscious altering substance has passed my lips for 29 days.

It has been very, very dull.

darknation said:

I've been clean now for nearly 4 weeks. No conscious altering substance has passed my lips for 29 days.

It has been very, very dull.

Your brain hasn't recovered yet though, 29 days is more than 4 weeks :P

I only drink now, but I find mind altering substances quite interesting. I would try salvia but from what I've heard the trips involve paralysis or at least you believe you are paralysed, and I am shit scared of that.

fodders said:

Your brain hasn't recovered yet though, 29 days is more than 4 weeks :P

I think this is as good as my brain is going to get ;p

Marijuana is great in a good setting with good friends, and fine-quality liquor is also very good on occasion. I'd like to maybe try mushrooms later down the road, and perhaps LSD and/or Salvia.

My friend has told and re-told me on several occasions that "Everyone should do cocaine ONCE, maybe twice" because of the rush it gives you. I'm a little hesitant to try something like coke, though. Who knows.

One thing's for sure, psychadelic music like 1200 Mics and Dark Soho and simply awesome to listen to - inebriated, tripping, high, plain sober, or any occasion.

w00t, 1,000th. post!

Relica Religia said:

My friend has told and re-told me on several occasions that "Everyone should do cocaine ONCE, maybe twice" because of the rush it gives you. I'm a little hesitant to try something like coke, though. Who knows.

wow no offense but thats one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. I mean its not as bad when people do drugs and stuff because it happens, but when you start making statements like that, its just incredibly dumb IMO

I suppose I'd try heroin. I mean, if you want a drug you should make a commitment. And it's almost as expensive as having a girlfriend in the yuppieville that I live in.

P.S. If you're too dumb to know that I'm kidding, please stop breathing entirely.

wow no offense but thats one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. I mean its not as bad when people do drugs and stuff because it happens, but when you start making statements like that, its just incredibly dumb IMO

I never said I was going to do it.

Relica Religia said:

Dude, you might as well drink 2 large coffees with a few shots of espresso. Effect immitated, plus it won't cost you much over 10 bucks.

Well, apparently, doing a short line of coke gives you the feeling of a constant orgasm for about half an hour. I don't think it's a usual "rush" you'd get from caffiene or a trip.

I reccomend everyone at least once in their life to smoke a j then sit back and listen to your favorite music. I don't mean something shitty like Linkin Park or Metallica or anything like that which was intended for mass consupmtion. I mean something that was reall composed. Bach, Beethoven, Pink Floyd or some other acid rock from the 60s, Legendary Pink Dots, the soundtrack to some artsy movie. Something like that. It's just amazing to hear. All the instruments are seperated and layed out around you by your brain and you can hear them all doing their thing. It's a real headrush...the most beutiful thing you've ever experienced.

I did that last time I got stoned (over a year ago sadly) and listened to some tracks from Legendary Pink Dots' Maria Dimension. Oh man. I'd love to do it again.

EllipsusD said:

Shrooms are another thing I have not tried but my roommate has. Based off of what he's told me, I hope you like colors.

2 dozen trips or so (up to 3-4 dried grams at most) and I never experienced "colors" as they say...and few if any "true" hallucinations even. For me, it was usually a mindfuck far beyond what pot can dish out combined with mild to moderate perceptual distortions. For example: in one particular trip, a penny I was holding became the object of extreme attention and was looming huge in my field of vision as i saw it, despite the fact I was holding it a few feet from my body. All the while my thoughts raced with everything conceivable pertaining to the penny itself, abraham lincoln, money = god, etc...that, and convincing myself that a friend i was looking at was in fact me, and I was watching myself trip on mushrooms as opposed to the obvious made for quite the night.

A mushroom trip is going to be different for everyone that indulges and secondhand stories don't do it justice.

You're sorta right about the indoors/outdoor thing. Day/night would be a better way to put it.

I rarely drink (once or twice a year, if at all), I don't smoke, and I don't use drugs. As far as how I feel, they're unhealthy practices, but I think people should have the right to use them so long as they're not harming others in the process (i.e. you can smoke, but people who don't like it shouldn't have to inhale your second-hand smoke, if you want to get high or drunk, don't drive, etc.)