Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
waverider

How to defeat Betruger in ROE?

I can't seem to defeat Betruger in Resurrection of Evil. He doesn't seem to take any damage from my shots, or maybe it doesn't show whether he takes any damage or not? It also seems nigh on impossible to evade the meteors.

Any suggestions on how to defeat him? Which weapons do I use for best result?
I would really appriciate some help.

Well for me I fire my BFG and used my plasma rifle, rocket launcher then chaingun on him. When it starts shooting meteors I use the artifact to slow time down and I use the grabber to grab the falling meteors and I throw them back at him.

But I think there's no real strategy. Just keep shooting at him and the ending cutscene will be triggered eventually.

Keep shooting him and use Hell Time when he starts hurling meteors at you. Its pretty simple..except for that meteor part >_<

I beat him kind of the opposite way, I think. Somehow I just kind of lucked out with the meteors and they didn't kill me.

Im playing on a 1.3ghz, 1g ram and shitty wal-mart video card computer I finally managed to get to this guy and my comp runs so slow I can't beat him. :(

I was able to move around and kill the cyber demon in Doom3 though.

My computer is fast so I had no problems with defeating Betruger. I was able to easily dodge most of his attacks.

And btw, I haven't been here for more than a year and I'm finally back. Why was I gone for so long? Because I stirred up a bit of shit and I was quite ashamed after I caused my own thread to be closed. But now, I've finally decided to come back and apologize, and get along really well with everybody.

When he's doing the flamewall, spawn forgotten ones, flameball attack mode. Dodge flamewall, fire three single-shot BFG rounds, in a wide pattern, while he's spawning forgotten ones - this takes out all the forgotten ones while damaging him and leaves one for a straggler (if done right there will be none). Reload while he's flying around preparing for flameball attack and hit him with more powerful BFG shots and dodge flameballs. Repeat same when pattern repeats. When he begins the meteor shower attacks (when he sits on the skull), use the artifact and hit him with full BFG shots from either side. The sides afford you some protection for when the artifact wears-off AND provide you with souls for re-charge. Hit him from one side until (if/when) you need to get the other soul, then run to the other side. I took him out with just the BFG employing these tactics.

Anarky said:

When he's doing the flamewall, spawn forgotten ones, flameball attack mode. Dodge flamewall, fire three single-shot BFG rounds, in a wide pattern, while he's spawning forgotten ones - this takes out all the forgotten ones while damaging him and leaves one for a straggler (if done right there will be none). Reload while he's flying around preparing for flameball attack and hit him with more powerful BFG shots and dodge flameballs. Repeat same when pattern repeats. When he begins the meteor shower attacks (when he sits on the skull), use the artifact and hit him with full BFG shots from either side. The sides afford you some protection for when the artifact wears-off AND provide you with souls for re-charge. Hit him from one side until (if/when) you need to get the other soul, then run to the other side. I took him out with just the BFG employing these tactics.

My tactics were quite similar to yours.

I said earlier: "I haven't been here for more than a year".

That's actually not true as I found out recently. I haven't been here for only 9 months.

TheDarkArchon said:

Unnecssary bump of the month goes to.....

Me!

William said:

I said earlier: "I haven't been here for more than a year".

That's actually not true as I found out recently. I haven't been here for only 9 months.

Look, no one cares about you or how long you have or haven't been here. Please understand this.

If you want people to take any sort of positive interest in you, start making some useful posts or do something constructive for the community. If you've got nothing to say, don't post.

Expect to find yourself in Losers very soon if you continue to make useless posts, especially if they are useless argumentative posts (such as those in your Blogs thread).

Grazza said:

Look, no one cares about you or how long you have or haven't been here. Please understand this.

If you want people to take any sort of positive interest in you, start making some useful posts or do something constructive for the community. If you've got nothing to say, don't post.

Expect to find yourself in Losers very soon if you continue to make useless posts, especially if they are useless argumentative posts (such as those in your Blogs thread).

What would be something constructive that I could do for the community? How could I help? I ask for your advice.

Legendary map skillz, hell even if your maps look like crap you can still make them fun. Most people around here prefer gameplay over detail. Do something fun. I don't know any links to mapping or editig programs/tutorials but this site has so many. You see I never made maps and that is why I am teetering on the edge of your vision.

A risky gambit is trying to be funny, because a) you're not funny (you might be for all I know) or b) you end up looking like a sarcastic twat. Beware of teh funnie.

Contribute to fanfic/pics, you offten get a warm feeling when people commend your work and the hate inspired through destructive criticism will make you work even harder to prove those bastards wrong.

BACKDOOR: Be friendly with newbies and they will be forever grateful.(sp?)

One more thing, once you are popular don't let it get to your head.

Helped?

its very easy, just keep moving (strafing, jumping etc) and take lost souls down with machine gun or pistol then use the artifact when bertruger hovers above and use bfg on him, otherwise when everything is normal, use guns with fast shooting like chaingun.

niguel said:

its very easy, just keep moving (strafing, jumping etc) and take lost souls down with machine gun or pistol then use the artifact when bertruger hovers above and use bfg on him, otherwise when everything is normal, use guns with fast shooting like chaingun.

It couldn't be any easier. If you want to play something that is actually hard, then play Farcry.

William said:

It couldn't be any easier. If you want to play something that is actually hard, then play Farcry.

Or you ould take the difficulty off baby mode :P