Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bartwart

possible future monster

bartwart said:

How about something like this. He looks like a real Lich.

Dunno. I've never seen a real lich...

Jokes aside - not bad again. Though people tend to dislike Doom/Heretic/Hex monsters build from other montster's patrs.

ellmo said:

Dunno. I've never seen a real lich...

Jokes aside - not bad again. Though people tend to dislike Doom/Heretic/Hex monsters build from other montster's patrs.

Probably because it always looks like it's been puzzeled together from several different monsters.

Sure doesn't look like the "Iron Lich" in Heretic.

Xenophon said:

Whoever did the monster graphics for Final Fantasy 1, I assume.

yeah, thats no good, I'll draw something up if i have the time

erm go to ur doom2.exe, then when ur ingame go to new game, nightmare, then when ur on tha first level dont do anything. simply type in idclev 30. u will be taken to a new level. get all the weapons (ur gonna need em).....then tell me, who is that big ugly bitch on the wall?

Having satan himself as a boss would be a little anticlimatic, wouldnt you think?

and btw, where do we come off calling any doom monsters "bosses" anyhow?

CyberDemonHunter said:

erm go to ur doom2.exe, then when ur ingame go to new game, nightmare, then when ur on tha first level dont do anything. simply type in idclev 30. u will be taken to a new level. get all the weapons (ur gonna need em).....then tell me, who is that big ugly bitch on the wall?

I´ve never thought, that the icon of sin is Satan!
more likely just an big demon overlord or something like that.

IMO Satan would be by far more powerfull and evil, than this funky bunch of wall textures slapped into a big room.

That's not Baphomet. Rather something inspired by it.

From the Final Doom manual(The Plutonia Experiment story):
While the Spider Mastermind and Baphomet seemed to no longer threaten, who knew what else lay outside? Waiting. Watching. Preparing.

CyberDemonHunter said:

wth is Baphomet anywayz?

Kay, a lesson of history:
In the times of crusades, there was a noble order of Templars, which was greatly supported by orthodox christian fractions and landlords allover the Europe. Templars came to Jerusalem and the Holy Land to prevent other religions (muslims mostly) from merging with christian culture. That means they attacked non-christian convuoys and pilgrims hoping that Arabs will abandond Israel, or a Holy War will begin (Yeah, The Kingdom of heaven says truth about that part, at least).

After so many Crusades, Pope (and the Pope's church) wanted to get rid of Tempars, knowing, that their deeds bring more trouble to both sides of the wars, than they solve. Pope (or someone of his subordinates) ordered to infiltrate Templars and bring any disurbing news, that could be used against the knight order. The result was that Templars were accused of worshipping Behemoth or Baphomet (depending on the language of the documents), who was IIRC an anient Sumerian god of war, or hatred or something.

Anyways,

Have you finished the monster yet? IS it a full set of sprites? Could you send it to me if you have finished it with the whole set?

I haven't even started. Sprite editing takes a long time and I don't think I want to go through that again.