Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
MikeyScoots

Guild Wars summed up in two words:

Fucking Awesome! I think I've just lost total respect for Diablo 2 after this game came out. Best MMO ever.

What the fuck are you talking about.

It'd be nice if you had, say, A LINK!

guildwars.com maybe.......
Apparently the game was worked on for five years, and is involved with the creators of battle.net and Diablo 2. You no longer join and create servers, it's one server packed with everyone in it. In certain parts of the game you'll find certain people there, and then in another part a different set of people will be there. Now you can have 2 character classes while playing the game(right now I'm a Necromancer playing with Elementalist skills). This game is just awesome.

Bloodskull said:

guildwars.com maybe.......
Apparently the game was worked on for five years, and is involved with the creators of battle.net and Diablo 2. You no longer join and create servers, it's one server packed with everyone in it. In certain parts of the game you'll find certain people there, and then in another part a different set of people will be there. Now you can have 2 character classes while playing the game(right now I'm a Necromancer playing with Elementalist skills). This game is just awesome.

So in other words... It's a MMORPG?

Mivalekan said:

It's an MMORPG but there's no monthly fee.

Exactly the reason why my dad bought it, and because there is absolutely no way anybody could hack you unless your an idiot and give out your email address and password in game.

Bloodskull said:

because there is absolutely no way anybody could hack you unless your an idiot and give out your email address and password in game.

So...exactly the same as the way diablo 2 was in that respect? account/pword though

and you're not your

Not heard of keyloggers have we?

although you'd have to be a total moron to end up downloading one of them.

Just wait until spam bots start showing up. It's unbelievable how gullible some people are.

Quast said:

So...exactly the same as the way diablo 2 was in that respect? account/pword though

and you're not your

Somewhat. Your account name is your email address, and it never appears in game. When people want to whisper to you, they whisper your character name and thats acted on as your account name in game.

World of Warcraft is better.

Maybe so, maybe not, but does Guild Wars keep begging you to send extra money to its creators?

Guild Wars looks better than WoW.

Guild Wars' style (visually and in the music department) is more appealing to me.

There's no monthly fee.

It's created by key members of Blizzard that quit Blizzard early on in the development of WoW to work on Guild Wars.

It's more skill based than other MMOs. Not nearly as much mindless button mashing in the battles.

It's honestly built for competition. And there are some features in it concerning this aspect of the game's design that set it apart. To be honest, it looks like it's going to be a great game. I played the beta a couple of months ago and was really impressed. Might go out and grab it later today, if I feel like raping the credit card one last time this month.

Ret- said:

World of Warcraft is better.

lol nice troll.

but ya i play gw and i think its pretty tight. however, from what ive heard, its mainly for pvp which im not a big fan of (maybe this game will change it for me though).

ZzZzZz

Someone put me in a coma and wake me when someone actualy makes a game that's not a total rip-off or remake of another game.