Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Xenaero

The /newstuff Chronicles #231

You're comparing a 12 year old game to real life women? I agree on Use3D's pity for you, Nightmare.

What is this shit. Good levels have both beauty and gameplay, not alot of one or the other. End of story, now go release some maps losers. And where is New Newstuff?

Edit: Also lol at Nightmare.

NiGHTMARE said:
BTW do you have this same attitude when it comes to women? If so, I dread to think of the kind of *ahem* "lady" you'd be willing to get into bed with... and it'll be you who needs that pity... :P [/B]

Aye, but the truly ugly ones are hardly suitable for foreplay, even... and never mind gameplay. Plus, the main point is that detail whores go after the hysterically frigid ones. Again, detail isn't good looks. Detail mainly helps "realism," but that's something else.

Xenphire said:

You're comparing a 12 year old game to real life women? I agree on Use3D's pity for you, Nightmare.

You think comparisons must have an "equal value" or something? Erm, no - anything can be compared, as long as they have at least superficial similarities.

Women and sex are compared to "lesser" things all the time... in fact, if you consider yourself a heterosexual male yet don't find yourself ever doing that, I'm afraid there's something very wrong with you... in which case it would be you who's in need of that pity.

myk said:

Again, detail isn't good looks. Detail mainly helps "realism," but that's something else.

I said good gameplay doesn't make an ugly map fun, I didn't bother getting into what actually makes a level non-ugly.

Scuba Steve said:

What is this shit. Good levels have both beauty and gameplay, not alot of one or the other. End of story, now go release some maps losers. And where is New Newstuff?

Edit: Also lol at Nightmare.

Now that's some serious ownage there.

Also:
REAL WOMEN >>>>>>>>>>>>> ANY GAME EVER!

understand this gaming-freaks-losers!

o_O

I was supposed to do it? Damn, it's my first time, someone take it over for me and I'll do it next week. Unless I can do it tomorrow, I'll manage then.

If the DW crew are as lacking in time and interest in tnC as it would appear, perhaps it's time to either find more writers, or come up with a way to reduce the work load?

Possible solutions for the latter:

1) Go fortnightly or monthly instead of weekly.

2) Only write reviews for the best wads, and merely list the remainder.

Personally I would be happy if all tnC did was list the wads, along with a simple "yay" or "nay" and couple of screenshots for each of them (but only as long this applied to sprite wads as well! :P)

Nmn said:

Unless I can do it tomorrow, I'll manage then.

Knock yourself out if you want.
EDIT: I sent you a PM. Looks like about 50 damn wads this week...

so..uh.. do people re-re-release 1994 wads just for fun? If 99% of mundane 1994 wads were just not reviewed, then that would cut down on the work for the reviewers.

..and filtering out the mundane would of course be by the reviewer using their best judgement.

No, I'll do it.

o_O Jesus Mighty Christ. That's a L-O-T.

as I said, I am up for doing tns sometime, if it comes down to that.

NiGHTMARE said:

Thanks for the personal attack, and invalidating all of your petty arguments henceforth.

Erm hello? It was A JOKE. Bloody hell, you'd have thought including a :P on the end would have made that rather obvious, but I guess a certain someone wasn't exactly blessed when it comes to the ability to detect humour, and given a tad too much in the over-sensitivity department instead.

Besides, saying someone needs pity because of they way they think sounds more than slightly personal to me...

Show me something humourous and I'll detect it. Oh and by the way, your joke was stupid.

Nope, you're just way too over-sensitive. If you go through life letting such incredibly minor things annoy and upset you, you're not going to get very far. Grow some backbone, man!

NiGHTMARE said:

If you go through life letting such incredibly minor things annoy and upset you, you're not going to get very far.

If you go through life trying to dole out wisdom like you know your ass from a hole in the ground you're not going to get very far.

I beg to differ. Getting upset by a joke quite clearly isn't a particularly reasonable thing to do, and if you can't even see that I'm afraid you have big problems.

I mean if semi-rude personal humour causes you such major distress, what will happen if something far more serious were to occur to you? I predict major psychological trauma.

Wow, I' don't think I've ever met a more presumptuous asshole in my life. Now that's personal attack you've more than earned.

Who's going to get further in life: someone who's genuinely concerned about other people and wants to help them even after they verbally insult them, or someone who allows themselves to get upset and angry over minor jokes and pieces of advice?

My money's on the former.

NiGHTMARE: In case you didn't realize, and it's pretty obvious you didn't, Use3D is gay.

Now, to avoid further embarrassment on your part, I'm closing this thing.