Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ravey

Need original script/def files (2.75mb)

Sorry if this sort of request isn't allowed but I'm having trouble with my game. I installed Guardsentry 1.0 awhile back and when I started playing Doom 3 again I noticed that some of the AI changes effects parts of the game involving those characters. I guess I forgot to make a mod folder for it.

If anyone can help, I would like the script/zip files zipped up (Around 2.75mb) and uploaded or sent to me if possible. Or just the files altered by GuardSentry 1.0

Thanks to anyone that might be able to help me out here. :)

Note to mods: I didn't think this post was exactly technical, but if I'm wrong hopefully a mod can move this to wherever it should be.

For best results, it might be a better idea to reinstall the game, or simply re-copy the pk4 files from the CD (overwriting the existing ones). Would suck if someone sent you the files only to find out that the problem isnt completely fixed.

Unfortunately, I don't have the CD with me (My sister's boyfriend wanted to test it on his 6600GT, which beats out my GFX5200). I guess I might either wait until I can get it off him or see if the demo has the files I need.

Thanks anyways. :)

Also, are you sure you dont simply have to delete the mod's pk4 file from the base directory? I've enver used guardsentry myself, so I dont know how it's installed, but if it's contained within a pk4 file (located in the base folder) then deleting it *should* work (pk4 files are read at startup and can be "applied" to your game without your specification).

"I guess I forgot to make a mod folder for it."

I am such a fool. :P

Guardsentry is contained in PK4 files named Pak001.pk4 and Pak002.pk4, slightly more complicated...

I might try installing GuardSentry 2.5 since that might have solved the problems that it caused in single player...

Problems I have noticed:
First sentry to see in the base is in wrong position and disappears.

The second sentry that leads you isn't there.

The sentries are spawned from grenades, so I can't have simple grenades anymore. :(

Also: I fear that the demo won't include the AI files for the enemies that aren't enountered in the demo.

D'oh! Yeah unfortunately those two pak files are part of the original game. So they'll need to be overwritten. Installing the latest version of guardsentry probably wont help with this, as I doubt the author thought to *fix* previous installations. It's worth a shot though.

Overwriting those files with the ones from the demo will probably make things much worse for you. So I definitely wouldnt suggest that.

Are you sure? I'll make a backup copy incase to test it...

Edit: Fixed it, just a few modified script files...