Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Manc

It Ain't 666

Mancubus II said:
This would devoid every conspiratorial thing that resulted in a "666" type conclusion (moreso than they already are imo).

No it wouldn't, since, if someone had thought 666 is an evil magical number and they'd somehow used it in their malevolent scheme, this newer find wouldn't matter. In any case, tomorrow's villains could use 616 if they were to care at all about archeological finds.

While most manuscripts of the Bible read six-hundred-sixty-six or 666 for the Number of the Beast in verse 18, some early manuscripts contain 616 instead. Codex C (5th century), Papyrus 115 (3rd or 4th century), and some copies of Irenaeus's works have 616.

668 is "the Neighbour of the Beast"; there are at least two folk songs on this topic. Additional quips suggest that 1-888-666-6666 is "the Toll-Free Number of the Beast", $665.99 is "the Retail Price of the Beast", 00666 is "the ZIP Code of the Beast", 0.666 is "the Number of the Millibeast", 6.5013 is "the Natural Logarithm of the Beast", Route 666 is "the Highway of the Beast",

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Number_of_the_Beast_(numerology)

Somebody linked to an interesting (and amusing) pdf article in the thread about the Pope, and it has this to say about the iconic number and the coming of the beast:

'The beast is Antichrist and the number of his name is 666. Antichrist’s name will have six letters in his first name, six letters in his middle name, and six letters in his last name. Antichrist’s name will have a total of 18 letters, divided evenly between his first, middle, and last names...

...Other ancient authorities read 616. Both of these numbers, 666 and 616, are intended by God to signify the name of Antichrist. As is the custom, people often use their middle initial in place of their middle name. So the number 616 stands for the six letters of Antichrist’s first name, the one letter of his middle initial, and the six letters of his last name.

This interpretation is simple and clear; it works for both versions of the number of his name. Another confirmation that this is the correct interpretation is the total number of letters in Antichrist’s name. With his middle initial in place of his middle name, Antichrist’s name has 13 letters. With all the letters of his middle name, his name has 18 letters. The verse which gives the numbers 616 and 666 is Rev 13:18.'

Well of course all this just *HAS* to be true... Although on second thoughts this same guy also predicted our new pope to be black.

myk said:

No it wouldn't, since, if someone had thought 666 is an evil magical number and they'd somehow used it in their malevolent scheme, this newer find wouldn't matter. In any case, tomorrow's villains could use 616 if they were to care at all about archeological finds.

Perhaps I should re-explain myself. The types of "666 conclusions" I'm referring to are, for example: "if you take john doe's birthyear, divide it by the population of texas, add the ages of your two siblings, multiply by 2. It equals 666 so john doe is the devil!" This is what I mean, not those that tattoo 666 on their arms or wave it on a flag as representation of "the mark of the beast".

Awesome; my three names each have seven letters. I'm the savior!

While I don't see much explained to come to this conclusion (other than that someone wrote it a long time ago), it's certainly interesting. Maybe I'll adopt it. More interesting is the fact that the High Priest of the Church of Satan admits to being more interested in instilling fear into Christians than following the works of a supposedly fallen angel.

"By using 666 we're using something that the Christians fear. Mind you, if they do switch to 616 being the number of the beast then we'll start using that."

Heh.

fodders said:

Ok, I cannot set the date on my camera :P

Old man! You're supposed to be smart! ^_^

Where I was born, western lower peninsula of Michigan, our area code was 616. This new information may now explain why life was like hell while living there...

What the Hell? How is this new? My Bible (copyright 1952) states that a lot of old manuscripts said it was 616, but they left it as 666 to match with everyone else. I've known this for quite a while.

That being said, here's an old avatar of mine:

Infinite Ammunition said:

wait... dollars?

Yeah, dollars. You don't know that dollars are the currency of SATAN, do you? :P

Hmm, I always thought that 666 was just 999 upside down which is the real number of the Beast. :D

No. 999 is the number of the emergency services in the UK, similar to 911, but without the towers :)

Mancubus II said:
Perhaps I should re-explain myself. The types of "666 conclusions" I'm referring to are, for example: "if you take john doe's birthyear, divide it by the population of texas, add the ages of your two siblings, multiply by 2. It equals 666 so john doe is the devil!"

But why consider that? It's irrelevant, since only inbred weirdoes believe things like that... and if they want to, they'll still do so regardless the finds. The only relevance is if said number has been used in some real conspiracy, for either fancy, mockery, or aditional terror. But in such an instance the use of the number depends on the fact that its part of the preexisting common imagination, where the cultural past is relevant, and not any incidential bookwormly finds.

Perharps soon we'll have some psycho or serial killer using 616 systematically in some sickly way, just to prove to the world it's the real number of the beast.

But really, lets say the true number of the beast is 666 anyway. In Hell it's all spelled improperly!

fodders said:

No. 999 is the number of the emergency services in the UK, similar to 911, but without the towers :)

This was designed specifically to kill off people with rotary phones.

Hell, the Chinese think that 666 is a lucky number. Frankly i dont really see any power/evil to no. 666 or 616.

XXoXX said:

Hell, the Chinese think that 666 is a lucky number.

Aha... This sounds interesting.

I read from some science magazine extra, that 616 and 666 came from some Nero Ceasar and depening if you write the name Nrwn Qsr or just Nrw Qsr or something in that way.. you'll get 616 or 666 depending which way his name was written in hebrew.

Topeka, Kansas (Zip 66601) seems ok to me.

You ought to see some of the stuff written by its most famous resident

Oh yeah. Forgot about that idiot. I drove by his church a couple years ago for a graduation and people were holding signs saying "God hates fags" and stuff like that.

For those of you who don't know, his name's Fred Phelps. Look him up sometime.