Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Xanthier

Am I the only one who loved Final Doom?

on TNT map30 you beat it by taking one step down and shooting at the hole in the wall. You must do this so you can actually aim at the brain and if you stand at the top you won't be able to see it.

Final Doom Rocked, I used to play Plutonia co-op with my bro until he said the game was too "sucky and retro" for him and he then only played CS: SOURCE

Xenophon said:

I actually preferred TNT to Evilution... although some of the music in it sucks.

TNT and Plutonia, right? TNT and Evilution are one in the same. :Þ

i never got why so many seem to look down on TNT.... i think its the greatest batch of Doom levels ive played.... the map design just seems so much more advanced, creative, and inspired compared to ultimate doom and hell on earth, imo, which is certainly saying a LOT...

personally i dont remember any bad levels from it, but a few of you are saying there were some clunkers that brought it down... im interested in which ones.... be a little specific?

What happened to TeamTNT? Judging by the TeamTNT site they seem to have dropped off the face of the planet.

I loved the Level Design of TNT...Plutonia was good too and it seemed to aim for the experienced Players.

All in all Final doom was Great,Especially the PSX version

SunlapseVertigo said:

i never got why so many seem to look down on TNT.... i think its the greatest batch of Doom levels ive played.... the map design just seems so much more advanced, creative, and inspired compared to ultimate doom and hell on earth, imo, which is certainly saying a LOT...

personally i dont remember any bad levels from it, but a few of you are saying there were some clunkers that brought it down... im interested in which ones.... be a little specific?

From what i heard its cause they sold it and didnt distribute it free on the net(Or maybe im wrong)Of course i think its completely fair that they sold it like they did cause the way the it was made was completely genius.

pickle965 said:

What happened to TeamTNT? Judging by the TeamTNT site they seem to have dropped off the face of the planet.

http://www.teamtnt.com says "Last updated 12 April 2005", and I believe there is a project in progress. They just tend to keep quiet unless there really is something to announce.

Is Final Doom the successor, the prequel or has nothing to do with any of the other Doom episodes? I prefer evilution by the way.

Edit: oops, I meant Plutonia. Always get em mixed up ;)

evilhomerdoomer said:

Is Final Doom the successor, the prequel or has nothing to do with any of the other Doom episodes?

Well, if you read the intermission texts it would be safe for you to assume that it is a sequel to Doom2: Hell On Earth....
Only this time around, instead of going to Phobos and Deimos you are going to one of the moons of Jupiter, I can't remember what it's called, but it's probably either Io or Europa.

Frankly, TNT and Plutonia seems more polished that Doom 2. Doom 1 still rulez though.

Final Doom is a pretty good set of megawads.
When I first bought it, back in 97 I think, I was playing TNT mostly as it is much easier. I had lots of troubles with Plutonia :)

Nowadays I play mostly Plutonia, TNT being considered as boring with big, complex levels crammed with hitscan enemies.

I actually recently recorded a demo completing Plutonia, all 32 levels, all secrets, all monsters killed... so people should stop complaining about it being too difficult :) It's just the matter of using the right strategies :)

I haven't played either for a couple of years, but I enjoyed both of them! What's not to like about 64 extra Doom levels done quite well? They are permanent residents on my hard drive.