Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bloodshedder

New Pictures from Doom Movie!!!!

In keeping with our tradition of increasing extraneous exclamation points, GameSpy has a new article about the Doom movie (the first one) up. In it are three new pictures, showcasing more of what you will likely love and/or hate about the movie once it comes out.

Although the movie has traded the Martian setting of the game for an unspecified planet, the photos show a setting not far off from the dark futuristic settings of DOOM 3.

Haha, yeah right.

The Kid (Al Weaver), Sarge (The Rock) and Destroyer (DeObia Oparei)

Hurray for rubbish names.

Oh man this is gonna suck major ass! Hopefully it will suck in a funny way though, and not in an AvP way where it just sucks and you want your money and time back when it's over.

yes they do. at least it's not stuff like lamont and lateesha.

at any rate... ahahaha the movie looks terrible, i'm so going.

In a nice nod to the developers, one of the scientist characters has been named after id Software lead programmer John Carmack,

lol, and then later we see it as a nice touch in Starwars.

"in a nice mod to the inventor of starwars they changes the charectar Luke Skywalkers name to George Lucas"

nice one EH?!

Some of the people mentioned in Doom 3 and RoE are also named after members of ID Software.

At least they didn't mentioned any virus or swats

true true.

oh well. hhgttg had a lot of bad hype leading up to it, but turned out great.

The naive side of mme believes the same thing will happen here.

Oh who am I kidding. Its gonna suck. But i will see it anyways.

John carmack. Heh. They should have him play a cameo.

Anyway, good or not, I'm pretty sure everyone on these boards is going to see it.

mallis said:

do people in america really call their kids dwayne?

Nope, Samoans do I guess.

Szymanski said:
The Disco looks rubbish, where's the lapdancers?

Imps?

Okay, so The Rock isn't actually playing the Doomguy, he's playing some guy named Sarge, and the Doomguy has been given the name John "Reaper" Grimm? Jesus fucking Christ, as if I couldn't lose anymore faith in this movie. (Oddly enough, I have this strange feeling I'm gonna get 'timelined' for that). Either way, I can't wait to see it. The more reason to kill myself, the better. :)

Needs more impse.

Unlike everyone else on these boards who are flipping a lid and writing their suicide notes, I'm going to go to the movie and hopefully have a good laugh and probably leave smiling. Lighten up. It doesn't change anything about our game

I concur. Im not going to watch it to witness a new paradigm in filmmaking. I expect it to be mindless action and cheap suspense, providing quick entertainment.

But wait! Does that guy have a flashlight attached to his gun?! I call foul!

I'm gonna watch the movie when it comes out. Best reason being: I can't judge the movie without watching it. Plus, I remember when Doom 3 was just a dream. Now a Movie?!?!

They need to do a version based off the old DOOM Comic Book, then let Peter Jackson direct it. It's going to suck no matter what, so they might as well just have fun with it, rather than make yet another shallow action film.

Burn hollywood burn. ;)

Yeah, like Amaster said. Those chicken s$$t bastards have lights on their guns!

Sure, It'll provide cheap, (wink) harmless (wink) thrills but don't expect anything too close to the game.

XDelusion said:

Burn hollywood burn. ;)

This movie wasn't filmed in America, most of the cast are British, and the majority of the crew are European. That does not a Hollywood movie make.

I don't know about any of the other crap. But was does everyone think about Karl Urban playing the lead? I think he's a logical choice and could make all the difference. Its always good when they don't use big names for roles like these and really buff guys either, Urban is a great choice IMHO, he can act and he has dramatic intensity onscreen.

And since when didn't soldiers give themselves cheesy names?