Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Amaster

Doom Crossover Contest! Win a Prize!

Ever wonder what it would look like if you crossed Doom with Metroid? How about cacodemons and the sims? Or even the doomguy shuffling papers in the movie Office Space? Well here's your chance to find out and maybe even win a fabulous prize in the process!

How to enter: Create a game box cover that depicts Doom being crossed over with some other subject. Then post it here. You can take a look at the randomvg blog thread for an example of what I mean. You can also create "in-game screenshots" if you like, but the game box is what will count the most. When posting any such extra screenshots, please link to them rather than using the image tags.

All images are still subject to Doomworld's posting guidelines for images. Unlike the usual art contests that are held here, image manipulations and collages are allowed. Artistic skill will still be considered during judgement, but concept, creativity, and humor are what will count the most this time. Multiple entries are also allowed.

Contest ends on midnight, saturday the 14th, eastern time (5am GMT). Any entries submitted after that time will not be considered.

All entries will be judged by Mancubus_II, Scuba Steve, , AirRaid, and myself. The winner will be announced shortly thereafter, depending on the volume of entries.

What you can win: The lucky winner gets an Ati Radeon 9600xt, complete with driver CD, DVI to VGA converter, and an OEM version of Power DVD!

Notes: While I wont restrict any members from entering the contest, I kindly ask that those doomers who's video cards are comparable or better please refrain from entering. Please be considerate of your fellow doomers.

The video card is used but is in perfect working condition and has never been overclocked.

This contest is being run by me, not bluesonnet. If you have any questions, complaints, or threats, send them to me.

Let's keep this thread spam- and flame-free. We're all here to have fun.

Now get going!

i clicked in here and laughed so hard at how big this post text was

Wow, thats neat, I was thinking about what a Silent Hell (my Doom/Silent Hill fic) game would look like. Now I can put that idea to good use. :D

DOOM Anomaly said:

Question: Is it just crossed with another game? Or can it be something like a Television show or movie or whatnot?

From the first 2 sentences of assmaster's post:

...or even the doomguy shuffling papers in the movie Office Space? Well here's your chance to find out...

So yes.

The subject can be anything you want, but the final product must be a game box. That's all. There's no restrictions on what you can and can't use, as long as they dont break the forum rules.

SirTimberWolf: that's a good start, but it really can't be considered an entry unless it's a game box. The end result has to look like the box for a video game of some sort.

Yeah I know, I havent got the skills neccesary to win something like this, but I thought I'd post something I threw together in a minute :P

I'll probably try harder

exp(x) said:

Monty Python and the Icon of Sin

I don't know why, but that made me uncontrolably crack up when I saw it.

SirTimberWolf said:

Yeah I know, I havent got the skills neccesary to win something like this...

Did anyone bother reading the contest summary!?

Assmaster said:

Artistic skill will still be considered during judgement, but concept, creativity, and humor are what will count the most this time.

Ok, after a bit of source scrounging, I put together a gamebox for Silent Hell (two flavors, regular and Gamecube;):
http://testzero.keenspace.com/images/shgamebox.htm

I had to compromise with a lot of my material (for one thing, I couldn't get the doom 3 editor to work, even though the game is just fine. :/) but it's good for now. I'll try and make another box for it tomorrow, considering this one didn't come out as I had planned. :/

Well, at least it stacks like DOOM textures when a wall is too high...

I added the Nintendo seal and an ESRB rating, so you may have to refresh the page to see the changes.