Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Fredrik

Funny of the day

The biggest problem here is that the guy clearly doesn't know anything about the topic of the "article". Of course, that whole e-mail exchange exhibits some very poor journalism, as well.

I concur, it was a funny read.

It's extra funny because it appeared as a real story on Slashdot today (that's where I found it), though it got removed before there were any comments.

Hahaha, that is hilarious. Andrew Wiles' letter (if it is even his) is so obviously sarcastic:

Also I’d like to have the address of the guy who let you get a PhD 30 years ago. I’d like to discuss few things with him...

This is from the editor of the Manila Times: (http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/storypage.aspx?StoryId=4830)

The source of our information, including the letter of Dr. Wiles, was Dr. Escultura.

This is almost as funny as Gene Ray saying that "-1x-1=+1 is stupid and evil." (timecube.com)

Reminds of of the magazine Scientific American doing an april fools where they said "We're sorry if we thought that trained scientists with years of experience knew more about global warming and the dangers of over-fishing than US senators or best-selling novelists" **

Wasn't that funny, but different strokes for different folks I suppose.

The Manila Times... I've been to Manila before. Capital of the Phillipines.

Yeah, I'm half-Phillipino. Through my mom. My dad's Portugeuse and Irish.

Do you care?

Anyway, I've been to Manila, so HA.