Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Haloless0320

Greatest Victory

Yeah i know...i have alot of Threads started,but i'm bored.

Whats Everyones Greatest Victory while playing doom.

Mine is beating The GBA version(it that even counts)of The Tower Of Babel with a Berserker Pack.

I started the Lvl with 4 shells,60 bullets...Used up all those so i was reduced to running for my life with only 3% health.Then i found a Berserker Pack and Tore through the rest of them...Theres no Cyberdemon on the GBA version so i didnt have to worry about him.But it was still a big victory on my part.

My birthday a couple years ago.
Man I was in the groove. I was fraggin left and right, getting 7+ frags each spawn. And then I went 1v1 with this great ssg guy. Won by 8 frags. Looked up his prof and he had this insane killratio. Kinda an ego boost.
But that was ages back.

Beating the Cyberdemon in E2M8 for the first time. Nothing after that could compare to that (not because the Cyber was that hard - it's just that back in 1994 it was something special.)

Graf Zahl said:

Beating the Cyberdemon in E2M8 for the first time. Nothing after that could compare to that (not because the Cyber was that hard - it's just that back in 1994 it was something special.)

yeah. and with keyboard only. i was so scared ;)

Probably beating the Cyberdemon on E2M8, but my favorite Deathmatch win was a Zdaemon deathmatch a few months ago, 4 players, they combined had like 14 frags, I ended the game with 50, I honestly danced around with that one, too bad I don't play Zdaemon anymore...skulltag is too kickass!

My greatest victory was probably E2M8 aswell, at the time I was about 4 years old and the cyberdemon was scariest thing I had ever seen.It was such a thrill seeing it explode like that. I was on i high for the rest of the day after that.

When I first figured out how to beat TNT's Last Call. I never could figure out why I couldn't kill that damned monster, the one in Plutonia was easy. Well I ended up finding out that you had to stand on the step down from the top, and the first rocket didn't kill him. So I stood to fire another, but the autoaim was firing at the demons in the pit below. I was running low on health. There were some monsters fighting behind me but I didn't know what they were, I was ignoring them. Well I finally killed the monsters below and fired another rocket into the brain just as the demon behind me won it's fight. I heard the triumpant scream of a Baron of Hell. While I did die when the Baron blasted me in the back, the rocket proceeded to vanquish the giant demon, and the winning game sequence started even though I was dead. I thought that was really cool, as the Marine died saving Earth from Hell... until Plutonia started.

Beating MAP30 for the first time in Doom2.

Also finding the two secret levels. This was of course about 12 years ago.

Getting 666% kills on Playstation doom's final level (that is, the final level of "doom", before the doom 2 section. Its full of pain elementals at the end, and each lost soul they release counts in the kill percentage, so you can go over 100)

My greatest accomplishment would have to be finally beating the original Doom. I did use cheats, but at age 9, I didn't care.

A long time ago, being able to complete Doom2 on Ultraviolence was enough to make me feel like the total badass.

More recently, beating Hell Revealed level 26 with fast monsters.

Killing a cyberdemon with my pistol, and beating Alien Vendetta on UV. Hell Revealed 2 can kick my ass though. And I tried playing HR2 on a lower difficulty, but I can't play doom on anything lower than UV. Not because I have a big balls complex or anything, it's because I have everything on UV memorized. Enemies seem to act differently, and the damage and whatnot is different on lower difficulties, so I really can't get used to playing on them.

Dammit, I meant to just edit my last post, but my internet messed up while doing it, so it became a double post. I tried deleting it, but it said I didn't have access to the page. Odd that I can't delete my own comments, but whatever.

A great victory for me was when I realized the Cacodemon wasn't the ultimate boss of Doom. And when I figured out what the Cyberdemon was. :D And when I won. :D

When I finished Doom2 in nightmare for the 1st time w/o saves, w/o cheats and uploaded the demo to the Compet-n.
I was second ever to do that, after Panter.

Killer_of_Doom said:

My greatest victory was probably E2M8 aswell, at the time I was about 4 years old and the cyberdemon was scariest thing I had ever seen.It was such a thrill seeing it explode like that. I was on i high for the rest of the day after that.

Yeah I'd have to agree with that. Back in '93 when your 4 or 5 Doom was very scary

Level 30 of Eternal DooM, Took me 2 years of playing it almost once a week to finally beat it on UV with NO cheats. :)
BTW thats one of my favorite levels of all time!

Eternal map 30 isn't overwhelmingly hard (well, the ending is chaotic, I'll give you that), especially considering some of the hardest HR/HR2/AV maps... unless you get lost of course, which I can see happening.

The trick is to kill the Arch-Viles at those switches before they get a chance to teleport (by using the BFG, firing before hitting the switches, and letting the residual damage kill them). It's a great map, I agree, although I like Bob's other contribution, map 20, better. :-)

For me, the greatest victory would probably be beating "Knee Deep in the Dead" in UV for the first time (a long, long time ago). And perhaps beating "Dead Simple" in NM for the first time, just because I love that map and have beaten it in almost every conceivable style except Tyson.

My greatest victory was beating Hell Revealed on Ultra-Violence! i have proven that i am a good doom player no cheats no stuff just took lots of practice and hard work but i beat it!

My greatest victory was getting a serial game to work on Doom 1.2 shareware. You LAN bastards had it easy.

I guess my current speed record of 44 seconds on Alien Vendetta map17 is my greatest victory, just because of the time investment, 2 days playing 6+ hours per day. Too bad the demo looks like shit.

I think the one that felt like the greatest achievement for me was recording a successful NM demo on aboosysv map05. It kind of took over my life for a week - perhaps I only played it for a few hours in total, but my thoughts were preoccupied with ways I could try to crack it. It's probably not a very entertaining demo to watch though - it looks slow and absurdly cautious. The big problem is that there is very little health and ammo, and a scattering of hitscan enemies to whittle your health down - and then an exit area where you need a crapload of luck (though you don't realize that from watching the successful run either, as the enemies that would normally slaughter you have managed by a fluke to leave the room). Meh.