Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Zeratul 982

Stone Stratagems updated

Map's 19 and 20 are completed and are added to the wad. (Elbryan: The zip is in my upload directory since my permissions for wads/zeratul 982 seem to have disappeared again.) Since I finished 20 maps and originally decided to stop at 20 until I want to add on to it some more, I have called it version 1. The file is now called stone.zip instead of stonedmo.zip.

The wad may not be bug-free (which may contradict the version 1 part of it), so if any major bugs remain, feel free to let me know and I'll fix it.

Map's 19 and 20 are completed and are added to the wad. (Elbryan: The zip is in my upload directory since my permissions for wads/zeratul 982 seem to have disappeared again.) Since I finished 20 maps and originally decided to stop at 20 until I want to add on to it some more, I have called it version 1. The file is now called stone.zip instead of stonedmo.zip.

The wad may not be bug-free (which may contradict the version 1 part of it), so if any major bugs remain, feel free to let me know and I'll fix it.

(1) "Version 1" doesn't mean that it's bug-free, just that any jaw-droppingly BAD bugs have been squashed. (Exceptions are made for MS software.)

(2) Did you get the mapinfo stuff to work this time? :->

it's now in the wads directory for those who want this kick ass wad. the link will be updated for the site when the site is updated late tonight. sorry for the wait, but i don't have much time today. for those who can't wait for a working link, here it is:

ftp://doom:doom@doom.wrong.button.com/wads/Zeratul 982/stone.zip

thank a bundle zeratul! i've needed a stone stratagems fix for a long time!

ps. your rights in your wads directory have been fixed. sorry about that.

Like I was saying, it's not entirely bug-free. For example...

1. I forgot to make the secret exit in The Barons' Temple inaccessible since there is no 2nd secret level.

2. With the original exe, maps 18 and 20 have areas with visplane errors. If ran with a port such as ZDoom, there shouldn't be any problem.

Other than that, I'd say everything else should work fine.

Did you get the mapinfo stuff to work this time? :->

I'm afraid not. I'll make another attempt at it some other time. My first attempt worked fine but turned catastrophic at the end.

I'm afraid not. I'll make another attempt at it some other time. My first attempt worked fine but turned catastrophic at the end.

Take all the little mapinfo files you made, stick them together as one file, and stick it into the final version. :-)

Take all the little mapinfo files you made, stick them together as one file, and stick it into the final version. :-)

Take a look at my recent thread once more and you'll see what I was attempting to do and how.

I did take them all, put them into one file, and then insert it into the wad. It worked fine at first, but the next time I ran the modified wad, everything in the wad was destroyed. Fortunately, I've created a backup of the wad before I started the mapinfo thing.