Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
deathz0r

The /newstuff Chronicles #232

Plutonia 2 was cancelled? News to me - I just thought it was taking a while.

I just thought Sam Woodman got bored and forgot all about it.

I don't really care though, I only made half a map for it, then Sam got ants in his pants and decided to finish it himself . So the next time I saw it he had bastardized it and I didn't care about it any more. end of story.

You can google the PL2 ~2001 era maps and resources. I had two maps, the first (map14) isn't very good and the other I pulled out. NMN may still be using it in KDiZD.

Kaisers maps are very good, if a bit too chaingunner heavy.

plutonia 2 is not cancealed i emailed Metabolist last week and he said it was still going

heres what he said:
"Not at all; in fact there's been a burst of activity on the mailinglist in the last month, of which I am finding out the details now. I only found this out now because I haven't checked this account in over a month (busy with uni work you see

Cheers,
- Sam W. (Metabolist)
"

When was what?

I assumed the project had been cancelled because of the release of Kaiser's maps, as well as deathz0r's "ill-fated Plutonia II project" comment.

If it indeed hasn't been cancelled, it would appear that more than one person has their wires crossed (or alternatively is highly impatient ;)).

NiGHTMARE said:

I assumed the project had been cancelled because of the release of Kaiser's maps, as well as deathz0r's "ill-fated Plutonia II project" comment.

Actually, by ill-fated I meant "being delayed for twenty thousand months or so".

NMN said:

A person on this forum says You have to do newstuff a single day before the deadline, You've got enough time to do it lazy ass!

Whine whine, I was told to do it four days AFTER the deadline, not four days BEFORE.

CGA Doom really looks like original CGA, with ugly white, cyan and magenta :) But I guess he could have used the other well known CGA trio = red, green, orange. which would have matched doom a little better ?
My only problem with the CGA palette is that you cannot read the red fonts on the stats screen, and in real dark area you dont see monsters at all. Very fun anyway !!

The EGA version is not as good as the CGA. Even though it has the 16 colors, it's completely tutti-fruti (mish-mash of colors).. so I think the colors could have been more organised ? maybe it's a technical issue.

deathz0r said:

Actually, by ill-fated I meant "being delayed for twenty thousand months or so".

Plutonia 2 is still going on, but as far as getting a release date, you better wait for Sam Woodman :) He was away for while so the project did not advance that much except for the work of Virgil.

btw sorry for 2 posts in a row...

deathz0r said:

Whine whine, I was told to do it four days AFTER the deadline, not four days BEFORE.

Yeah, maybe I should've planned this stuff more carefully.
Fuck it anyway, it's past :P

VinceDSS said:

The EGA version is not as good as the CGA. Even though it has the 16 colors, it's completely tutti-fruti.

Agreed. Too many pinks!

VinceDSS said:

The EGA version is not as good as the CGA. Even though it has the 16 colors, it's completely tutti-fruti (mish-mash of colors).. so I think the colors could have been more organised ? maybe it's a technical issue.

I did a half-assed job by having 16 copies of one colour and "arranging it Doom-style" in XWE. Blame it on XWE. =P

NMN said:

Fuck it anyway, it's past :P

I enjoyed doing /newstuff again, that's all that matters. =P