Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Submerge

Nationwide Pledge.

Today there is going to be a Nationwide pledge of allegiance in schools all over America. It starts 2:00 eastern time. During my Bio period. If your school doesn't know, tell them!

Ironically, my school district is having an in-service day today, meaning no school for the students...oh well.

That's why I love college: None of that trippy mandatory-assembly BS.

Of course, I love MY college specifically because of the Quake 3 tournaments and free beer at school functions. Heh.

Actually, It was fairly painless. Stand up, say the pledge. That's it. No hot needles in the arm.

I suggested on a Delphi teens forum that those so convicted should leave out the phrase "under God," since IMO it is anti-American, and in fact was not originally in the pledge. It was added in the 1950's after an extensive campaign by the Knights of Columbus, a fraternal group associated with the Catholic Church. It doesn't belong there, and it alienates non-theists and polytheists.

Think about that stuff next time you say the pledge.

I was the only person in my class today to remove my hat. 2 kids didnt even stand up, they decided sleep was more important than their country. People like that are idiots. I hate those people that show disrespect to America.

I stayed home from school today. My grandmother is over from New York, and my mom and pop tend to give me a day off when we get family company.

I'm Chinese-American, but at about 2 I recited the pledge from memory while on the road to my orthodontist's appointment.

It's times like this that make people here realize they're Americans first.

2 kids didnt even stand up, they decided sleep was more important than their country.

Well, saying the pledge doesn't exactly help the country any. I haven't said it since Jr. High. I don't even remember it anymore. I'm not much for symbolism though; I'd like to say it doesn't accomplish anything, but unfortunately for some people that's what it takes.

I'm Chinese-American, but at about 2 I recited the pledge from memory while on the road to my orthodontist's appointment.

It's times like this that make people here realize they're Americans first.

Yeah, I thought so too that you are Chinese-American :) but chewy thought you are a 30 years old Japanese, heh

btw, I did the Nationwide pledge at 2:00p.m. today too in my chemistry class

but at about 2 I recited the pledge from memory while on the road to my orthodontist's appointment.

Freak.

I didn't start talking till I was over 3 :P

but at about 2 I recited the pledge from memory while on the road to my orthodontist's appointment.

Freak.

Really? Hmm...I think I was talking a bit before I was 2 but hey, I cant remeber......

I can't really complain. I suppose I like the US.

But it's only truly a free country for white middle-to-upper class christians.

I only fit two of these three categories. ^_^

Freak.

Really? Hmm...I think I was talking a bit before I was 2 but hey, I cant remeber......

Dammit, I was reading by the age of 3.

Freak.

I think I knew how to talk a bit too when I was 2 around. At least I could say "hey", "no", and such

America isn't the only truly free country in this world. However, America do really have a strong government political system and I'll be always proud of that.

Why don't you watch it a little man, alright? Being white doesn't mean anything anymore, and equality is a Joke so long as there are special "minority" rules. I just dont understand how that can be better that the classic rule "Best man/woman for the job, GETS the job" not "Whoever has what we need between their legs or coloring their skin to meet a quota, gets the job". But then again, i'm just an average middle-class white American. Not christian though, not in the least. They annoy me, then again the ones I've known are those activists that think they can stick their noses in people's business where they just dont belong.

Your statement just isn't justifyable anymore. But I dont care where you live, any country has it's flaw. We're human. I still love America and would give my life for her if need be, however.
Long live Freedom.
Long live Happiness
Long live expert marksmen capable of putting a .50 caliber slug through osama, thereby turning his entire upper torso, neck and head into jelly splattered across a wall. =)

I only fit one, although I can pass for white when I want to.

The thing that bugs me is the automatic assumption that ignorant minorities make that white males are the cause of all of their problems when many of them are self wrought.

I don't feel sorry for any homeless alcoholic that pissed away a good home and a good woman for some good booze. I hope they drown in their own piss for wasting two valuable things of that nature.

I have always loved my country dearly, and I have a lot of respect for countries with similar statutes of freedom. Canada, Britian, France, I know there are many many more that deserve recognition.

Did anyone here about how someone mailed anthrax to Tom Brokaw? I feel so sorry for his secretary that got it. -_-

I hate seeing how this is a war against Islam when it is not. There are many flavors of Muslim... as there are many flavors of Christianity. Freedom is welcomed by over a billion Muslims 'round da world... the problem is this small faction of freakshow Muslims.

We all remember little freakshow factions of religion right? Poisoned kool-aid, "Hello, I'm Jesus but you can call me Dave. GET YOUR GUNS!!!!!!", all that wacky shit.

Well... it looks like this is one of 'em that needs a good Goddamn stomping.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I absolutely love the United States of America and everything we stand for [currently! everything we stand for currently!].

Oh, and whites the minority? Of course. If you follow the graphs in 20 years a humongous portion of this country will be of Hispanic descent. Blacks are a pretty damn small percentage and they're going to be way smaller than the number of Hispanics in a decade.

Its definitely time to reinforce US English as our language, that's for sure. We don't wanna hafta learn Spanish to speak with our Gran'kids. Heheh.

I'm not being distasteful by bringing something like that up... we've got to keep our eyes on the issues beyond what's happening now. If we let ourselves become consumed by a thirst for revenge... what will we drink when we empty that glass?

Fuck my head hurts. I need to mix some hash and weed.

I said it during third period photography class.

Of course, I love MY college specifically because of the Quake 3 tournaments and free beer at school functions. Heh.

I'M GOING TO COLLEGE BABY!

I suggested on a Delphi teens forum that those so convicted should leave out the phrase "under God," since IMO it is anti-American, and in fact was not originally in the pledge. It was added in the 1950's after an extensive campaign by the Knights of Columbus, a fraternal group associated with the Catholic Church. It doesn't belong there, and it alienates non-theists and polytheists.

Think about that stuff next time you say the pledge.

I've thought about that several times. I've been a little uncomfortable with it even though I'm a Christian. Just doesn't feel right. But today I saw this show about government (public access) and it had some interesting statistics about America after the Supreme Court declared prayers in schools unconstitutional. But I won't go into it because it's too much of a political issue and I've been fighting political fights all this week.

Why don't you watch it a little man, alright? Being white doesn't mean anything anymore, and equality is a Joke so long as there are special "minority" rules. I just dont understand how that can be better that the classic rule "Best man/woman for the job, GETS the job" not "Whoever has what we need between their legs or coloring their skin to meet a quota, gets the job". But then again, i'm just an average middle-class white American. Not christian though, not in the least. They annoy me, then again the ones I've known are those activists that think they can stick their noses in people's business where they just dont belong.

Your statement just isn't justifyable anymore. But I dont care where you live, any country has it's flaw. We're human. I still love America and would give my life for her if need be, however.
Long live Freedom.
Long live Happiness
Long live expert marksmen capable of putting a .50 caliber slug through osama, thereby turning his entire upper torso, neck and head into jelly splattered across a wall. =)

GOOD LORD. I nearly agree 100% with what you said. I agree with you about the minority rules. ALL THAT SHIT IS IS LEGALIZED RACISM THOUGHT UP BY THE DEMOCRATS and really will screw me over for college selection.

Amen about the sticking noses in business crap. I HATE people that think they can fuck around with my business or vote on measures that invade my business.

HEH, screw .50 calibur, might as well use something legal like a police sniper .308. Let's hope they stay legal in this country. I became so outraged at one of my friends' ignorance about gun control. That's an issue that I am not flexible on. The arguments he made, moreover, where purely ignorant, it was something I didn't expect out of him though. Eh.

SHIT!

white = no, I'm indian
middle-upper class = no class baby =)
christian = basically, though I'm probably going to Hell
male = um, yeah. I actually have a 14 inch cock... if you start measuring from the spleen.

2 out of 4 then... shit, I thought it was 3. Dammit, I think I just really insulted myself on accident a post or two ago. I wish no one caught that. -_-

I fit 1.6 of them.

1 - white
.5 - not quite christian, but close enough
.1 - lower middle class or so (hell if I know)

Yeah, it's something like the "The average American family has 2.4 kids".

Katarhyne != male

NO! You lied!
Oh well...

Anyways, I am a white middle-classed atheist communist anarchist male...and damn pround of it...what does this have to do with this forum? I don't knoW! I'm tired and I just finished writing a short story!

But I can say I have no real love of this country, only the people who live in this world. I live my life in service of the world, not the ideas of some government! Screw govornment! Screw religeon! Its the people that matter! The people! Why won't anyone listen?

/me cries

Here's something to think about: The whole concept of "tolerance". Definition: To tolerate. To put up with. By saying you tolerate something (or someONE), you admit that you do not like it/them, but are willing to cope because you're being forced to. This goes beyond racial issues, man: gender "tolerance," religious "tolerance," sexual orientation, social/financial status... Let'sface it, the whole concept of tolerance is just continued bigotry with a little pink bow attatched.

You want true equality? Ditch the labels. No more "black" or "white", no more "straight" or "gay", no more "rich" or "poor", and none of those cute little PC euphemisms either. We gotta beat it into our heads (and those around us) that there is no justice and no logic in slapping labels on people we don't know. In a perfect world, everyone would get a fair shake based on themselves, and nothing more.

End rant. ~ Jack

You want true equality? Ditch the labels. No more "black" or "white",

This is quite possible, and might happen in a hundred years or so...

no more "straight" or "gay",

Should happen even sooner...

no more "rich" or "poor"

Now this will never happen, in USA at least

there is no justice and no logic in slapping labels on people we don't know.

There's not much justice in slapping labels on people we DO know, either, but people just like to slap labels on each other

In a perfect world, everyone would get a fair shake based on themselves, and nothing more.

Yes, and no one would be stupid, and there would be no more wars, no diseases, and no one would have to go to work anymore, and poo would smell like roses.

no more "rich" or "poor"

Wait until I become dictator.

Fool, you'll have to get through my revolution first. But I won't be a 'dictator' for any real length of time. I'll just be around long enough to set up my Communist-style government, and then...hahaha HAPINESS AT LAST!

pfft. I'd stay with the Democracy/Republic whatever you want to call it. Elect Ralph Vickers for president and get a free t-shirt for only $2.99 + S&H. No CODs

no more "rich" or "poor"

Man, Dudzik, you could just follow me and the theocratic dictatorship I'll start, and you'll be somewhere high up in power.

TITLES IN MY GOVERNMENT SOLD FOR JUST $49.95 (or, if the applicant is female, sex)

You know what? Let's just make Islam the official religion of the USA. Everyone will be happy.
Katgut, what religion are you thinking of to go with your theocratic dictatorship? I'd suggest you at least consider Islam.