Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Job

Researchers caught beating their monkeys on tape

Someone should take these researchers behind a barn and promptly rub them out.

I'm surprised that PETA is actually in the news for a worthwhile cause; I've never seen that happen before.

That is part of The Center For Consumer Freedom.

The Center for Consumer Freedom is a nonprofit coalition supported by restaurants, food companies, and consumers, working together to promote personal responsibility and protect consumer choices.

Just so you know the counteractivism site you linked to is financed mainly by the companies that feel threatened by animal rights or environmental activists.

This site supposedly describes who's behind it and how.

Myk said:
Just so you know the counteractivism site you linked to is financed mainly by the companies that feel threatened by animal rights or environmental activists.

This site supposedly describes who's behind it and how.

Damn. Is there anyone left in this world without a hidden agenda?

Knowing PETA, they probably made it themselves just to get the lab shut down. These are the same people that walk up to little kids in the street and tell them their parents are murderers...right in front of their parents.

Danarchy said:

Knowing PETA, they probably made it themselves just to get the lab shut down. These are the same people that walk up to little kids in the street and tell them their parents are murderers...right in front of their parents.

In what scenarios? I'm not all that familar with PETA...

They were standing outside some movie theatre showing a kid's movie I think and handing out these pamphlets titled "Your Mommy and Daddy are Murderers" or something to the kids. Kids started crying and the parents got pissed off and started yelling at the PETA fuckwads. A couple of them went over and decked the bastards.

There was also an incident of PETA people going to schools and handing out trading cards to kids about all the horrible ways people kill animals or something. Again, parents got pissed off but unfortunately no one got punched that time.

I'd post links, but I'm not too good at finding old news stories.

Danarchy said:

they were lying? heh j/k well not really, but I mean I'm not a vegetarian but then again those SUV driving YUPPIE idiots are sortof murderers :P whatever

I don't get these animal rights activists. If they feel so sorry for the way animals are treated, then why don't they sue nature itself? Just look at it. Animals are meant to live in fear and pain.

I don't see any ethical difference between the bio-industry and nature.

In nature animals have at least a chance for 'happiness', whereas in the bio-industry their faith is limited.

Of course in nature there is also the chance an aminal will suffer more than it would in the bio-industry.

IMO humans have the right to use animals for consumption and relevant scientific research. But the state should look after their welfare (which is the case here in the Netherlands).

Terra-jin said:

I don't get these animal rights activists. If they feel so sorry for the way animals are treated, then why don't they sue nature itself? Just look at it. Animals are meant to live in fear and pain.

Hmmn, here are a few dictionary definitions of the word EHTICS:
A set of principles of right conduct.
--How can "nature" which is not an entity upon itself comply to principles? People, on the other hand, can because we created these principles for *gasp* the human race! Not for metaphorical entities Go figure!

"ethics" (used with a sing. verb) The study of the general nature of morals and of the specific moral choices to be made by a person; moral philosophy.
--Huh, the human element seems to keep coming up.. perhaps that's because ethics only apply to the human race, kind of like laws. I don't think, for example, a cow can be fined for tresspassing.

ethics (used with a sing. or pl. verb) The rules or standards governing the conduct of a person or the members of a profession: medical ethics.
--Damned if that person/human thing keeps coming up! LPOLs Fancy that! Usually I don't take my time to write out a post like this, and I'm not really what you would call an "animal lover", but I found your statments crass and ridiculous. "if they feel so sorry for how animals are treated"... by people who should know better. There's a huge difference between an animal killing another animal for food or people painlessly killing animals for food, and the torture of animals simply for some sick bastard's jollies.

Scabbed Angel said:

(Lots of crap)

Way to completely miss his point. I think what he was trying to say is that in the wild, most animals have a pretty tough existance. I don't know the exact numbers, but I'm pretty sure the majority of animals dont even make it into adulthood. And woe be to any animals who is caught by a house cat, or by a large cat teacher her cubs to hunt, or by a spider, or by a flash flood, or any of the various other ways an animal can meet a slow, painful death in nature (I'd also hate to be a shark who swallowed a porcupine fish). So really it's silly to say that the scientists are cruel while at the same time, nature itself has some pretty mean tricks to play.

Not to mention the fact that I believe that as a species, we should exploit nature to further ourselves. If a few thousand animals have to die so we can find a cure to cancer, then so be it. It's called survival of the fittest.

Beating thier monkeys

Choking thier monkeys

...Behind a barn...Rubbed out...

Man this thread is a minefield of double-meaning!

@ Scabbed Angel:

I can understand how my statements could sound crude to you; afterall, I didn't take that much time to write them out, so I'll give it some more thought.

Danarchy got my point pretty well. I don't approve of senseless cruelty to animals, but I find it hypocrite to have a fuss over, since nature can be equally cruel to its animals. There are myriad examples to this: an insect's offspring eating their way out of a live one, cat's playing with their food, etc.

Also, I think people who disagree with humans exploiting animals are ignoring nature's own first rule: the survival of the fittest.

There's another reason for my view: I don't believe that animals have a sufficiently developed consciousness to experience suffering at the level we do. Therefore, relating human suffering to animal suffering seems wrong to me. You wouldn't lose any sleep over cutting the grass, would you?
Do please note that I'm not certain about this, I believe it to be this way.

To summarize, I think cruelty against animals is acceptable because they don't experience it as such. Of course there's a difference between using an animal for food and for sick pleasure, but I believe, to the animals themselves, it doens't matter.

Terra-jin said:

Also, I think people who disagree with humans exploiting animals are ignoring nature's own first rule: the survival of the fittest.

I'd ignore it too. Because that is an evolutionary concept dealing with an organism having many offspring...not about creatures eating eachother

Heh, you don't need a bible for dogmatic bullshit.

Terra-jin, quoted for perpetuity:
To summarize, I think cruelty against animals is acceptable because they don't experience it as such. Of course there's a difference between using an animal for food and for sick pleasure, but I believe, to the animals themselves, it doens't matter.

You are an animal and your consciousness isn't developed enough to get any idea of anything (thus your thoery, I gather)... unless you're a vegetale or just a computer script, if so, pardon me:

I have a baseball bat and would like to verify your theory.

You think humans have more than a spec "more consciousness" than a dog? Instead of a half-assed look at biology you might be better off contemplating psychology and behavior a bit in order to have a remote idea of consciousness; either just humanity's or of the animal kingdom in general.

Terra-jin said:

Ours species by the large is used to violence against it's own kind, should it then not matter when it's done to us?

Grass does not have nerve endings, there is no proof that it feels pain, so your point in that regard is a mute one. Cutting grass does not make it scream or yelp in pain. Even insects will struggle violently when dying. So.... given they react to painful stimuli as we do, how can't we draw a similarity or compare? Because they may not have an intellectual concious? Some mentally handicap people do share the same limitations, would you support their torture spouting bullshit about survival of the fittest? It's nature's (heh) golden rule or something, afterall.

Speaking of which, Nature can't make any rules, because "nature" is a metaphorical human concept. So you might say "our first rule regarding nature is survival of the fittest". I think that would be more appropriate.

The tape shows experimenters using their power over the monkeys to torture and torment them, while lab supervisors stand by or even join in

I wonder if Tormentor had something to do with that.

TNT5 - Choking the monkey

:P

Enjay said:

I wonder if Tormentor had something to do with that.

TNT5 - Choking the monkey

:P

*mewhhahaa:)*
...finally TNT4 isn't the last part of the series :D

Im sick of peta asshole's trying to save a cow that cant do anything for us besides giving its life up for food. All that peta does is bitch and everyone is pretty sick of it. They brainwash kids saying there parents are evil becuase they eat meat. I dont know about you but I didnt climb to the top of the food chain to eat a shitty ass carrot. What about human's? Its like they care more about a useless duck or a lazy ass cow more than a human.