35 members have voted

1. 1. Episode 3: Did it own?

• Yes it was great
    • Yeah it was a little better
    • Meh it was ok
    • Ughh, a little worse than 1 and 2
    • Ewww get this crap away
    • Not seeing it

Wow. I mean wow. Lets say this, it definatly made up for that crap called Episode 1. Anyone pissed at Lucas will forgive him probably after seeing this. This was nearly on par with the originals. Everything is tied together, answered and proven. It is mostly nonstop action yet the entire story completly falls into places linking the prequels and the originals. Questions are answered and everything feels whole for the fans who have wondered about certain things for so long. I cant believe I just saw it, it seems like yesterday when in was 1999 and Episode 1 just came out, and Episode 3 was in 2005 (gasp). Wow just wow that was awesome!

I just saw it..It was awesome..Couldn't really ask for anything better..IMO Really went well with tieing it all together. Now to watch them all in order HAHAH lol..

Tied everything together? OK, everyone here that walked into the theater not knowing EXACTLY what to expect, raise your hand...

Anyway, it was good. E2 was good, E1 was good... 4,5,6... good. The thing that holds the entire series back is the acting. Yeah, it's campy throughout-- but today's cast just has no range. At least the 4-6 cast showed the ability to display the correct emotion for the situation. The 1-3 guys are just... using one single tone of voice. I feel bad for Ewan McGregor. He was hitting it, and he's forced to share scenes with a bunch of stonefaced mopers.

Good story, though.

Pretty stupid. I guess it would be okay for taking children to see it; I suppose I would have liked it like I did "4-6" back when I was small. The scenery was okay with its reminiscences of popular sci-fi artwork, and the coughing Lord Greivous was amusing, but some stuff was as annoying as ever or worse, like the jumping Yoda (my eyes!) The appearance of Chewbacca (did I spell it right?) made me think "hey where's the flitting bar scene with a kid named Han Solo?"

The acting in painful yeah; though Christopher Lee was cool, as usual. But less inviting than the acting was the jarring shift from good to evil, which was screaming "hey lets make this happen or the film will run out on us!"

I chose meh, it was okay, actually

Overall, I didn't think it was a bad movie. I thought it was going to suck hard, and it didn't. The best of the prequels no doubt. I liked it probably because I found myself laughing throughout the entirety of it. Mostly at the absurdity of the ease that palpatine coerced anakin to the dark side and how fast the new empire got those dumb imperial officers with funny hats....you know, as opposed to say, reprogramming the droids they had been fighting instead of shutting them off.

Oh, and one minor gripe, padme wasn't exactly killed by anakin, but she "lost her will to live" after being force choked? oh please...

myk said:

The appearance of Chewbacca (did I spell it right?) made me think "hey where's the flitting bar scene with a kid named Han Solo?"

At this time in the story, Han's only about 3 years old and on Correllia (sp?).

I'll agree on one thing, though; the plot played out way too fast. I honestly hoped there would be more of Kashyykk, more of Chewie, Tarkin (only a split-second glimpse, WTF?), the formation of the Imperial military, etc. etc...

Still worth every penny of the movie ticket, though, so I vote the top choice.

Good movie. I hate how they try to connect every character through out the whole trilogy. I think its fan boyish to try and give 3P0 an actual history. I always took him as a royal consumer model. And R2D2 must be like 50 years old.

Technician said:

Good movie. I hate how they try to connect every character through out the whole trilogy. I think its fan boyish to try and give 3P0 an actual history. I always took him as a royal consumer model. And R2D2 must be like 50 years old.

Heh that was one of the best parts I thought :P

Dodge said:

I'll agree on one thing, though; the plot played out way too fast. I honestly hoped there would be more of Kashyykk, more of Chewie, Tarkin (only a split-second glimpse, WTF?), the formation of the Imperial military, etc. etc...

Funny you mention that, Lucas wanted all of those things too, but the movie would have been too long. Even a scene where the Rebel Alliance is formed. Special Edition DVD!!

Use3D said:

Funny you mention that, Lucas wanted all of those things too, but the movie would have been too long. Even a scene where the Rebel Alliance is formed. Special Edition DVD!!

WOW that would be awesome :]

Dodge said:

At this time in the story, Han's only about 3 years old and on Correllia (sp?).

what? he's only 3 years older than luke?

I actually went into a theater tonight to see it. Only to remind myself why I don't go to theaters to see movies in the first place anymore...

It was my favourite of the Prequels. It's been far too diluted and commercialized to hold a candle to 4, 5, and 6.

iori said:

It was my favourite of the Prequels. It's been far too diluted and commercialized to hold a candle to 4, 5, and 6.

Yea shit, it's not like the first 3 star wars had anything commercial about them.

Ralphis said:
Yea shit, it's not like the first 3 star wars had anything commercial about them.

*sigh* not in the way one, two and three do. And if you can’t tell the difference, I suggest you stay away from power tools.

Lucas is just as dedicated to promotional pushes as he was during the release of Episode 4. The only difference is that nowadays he has more venues at his disposal. Why do you think he insisted on licensing rights in the first place? Cause he sure as hell wasn't out to protect the movie's image. Want to see my mom's official Star Wars: A New Hope collector's mugs?

You can keep your power tools, too. I work with my hands.

Numbermind said:
Lucas is just as dedicated to promotional pushes as he was during the release of Episode 4. The only difference is that nowadays he has more venues at his disposal.

Yeah, that's what I ment... Probably.

Well the point is it's different from the original trilogy.

There is also far too much CG. The actors must have spend 75% of the time on bluescreens.

Wouldn't you think if George Lucas had access to the same tech that is out now back when he made 4,5&6 he would have have used it?

It was good alright. The images of those cities, the planets, the spaceships... simply breathtaking. They've also come up with such practical things you'd expect to see in a futuristic world - those make the whole very convinving.

Would you say that the Star Wars saga equals the Lord of the Rings in depth and story-wise?

Terra-jin said:

Would you say that the Star Wars saga equals the Lord of the Rings in depth and story-wise?

Only if you include the communities and what they've added the stories. The Star Wars universe crushes the LotR universe in this respect.