Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bartwart

Does your dad play Doom 3?

um... no? The only memory of my dad playing and vg at all was duckhunt... and that was once... 10 years ago.

Mine plays Quake 3 all the time. It's odd but cool. He could probably waste me in a deathmatch.

heh my dad played the originals buts hates new games because they are all story, no action, and are too confusing to just sit down and play. We used to play Ultimate Doom all the time though :)

Sonic the Hedgehog is too advanced for my dad. He's only into the real old-school arcade type games such as Centipede, Missile Command, etc. Considering he graduated high school in the late 60s, that's no surprise.

My dad finds doom3 kinda annoying, all dark and ultra repetitive action. Door => monster in your back, door => monster in your back again.

My dad actually plays more colorfull and action-packed games, like Serious Sam, Unreal Tournament and Painkiller. He is an ok coop partner but on the slow side :) He also plays some RTS.

The most advanced game my dad has played on the pc is Duke Nukem 3D, years ago. He liked it but wasn't very good at it.

He loves Project Gotham Racing on the XBOX though.

No such luck. I talked him into playing Zork once, and I think that's the closest I'll get.

My Dad completed Ultimate Doom and then moved on to quake about 4/5 years ago, im trying to convince him to try doom 3,

My dad has lost his touch with shooters, and now commits his life to World of Warcraft (or Zuma if his server is down).

My dad thinks that ALL video games are a total waste of time.
That goes also for movies, concerts and paintball.(My interests)

He likes to read Tom Clancy over and over and those Hornblower books.
I showed him Doom 3, and he said: "Joe, what can you do with that game in real life, I see no real use for it. Stick to useful things..."

Alboroto said:

My dad thinks that ALL video games are a total waste of time.
That goes also for movies, concerts and paintball.(My interests)

He likes to read Tom Clancy over and over and those Hornblower books.
I showed him Doom 3, and he said: "Joe, what can you do with that game in real life, I see no real use for it. Stick to useful things..."

And how is Tom Clancy any more "useful" than Doom 3 or paintball?

To him, Tom Clancy is the only fiction worth reading. He likes the books, doesn't like the movies and totally refuses to watch the video games.

Weird gringo my dad is...