Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sdger

missing texture

If I raise a square sector in 3D mode I always have to manually select all the 4 lateral facets of the cube and give them textures. Is there a way to assign a default texture for that ?

No, but its not a bad idea to make Doom Builder add a texture to walls automatically when the walls first appear due to lower/raise ceiling/floor. Does anyone see a problem with that idea?

I see a problem if I accidentally raise/lower something that I didn't mean to. Perhaps some sort of "flood-fill" pasting, or a key to assign default textures to all unassigned sidedefs in view would be another idea.

how about when you paste a texture onto a face that has "-" texture on it whilst holding ALT or SHIFT then it sticks that tex on all adjacent "-" textured faces. (i.e. your newly created plinth/hole) the same could be true of holding alt/shift and selecting a face, the then selected texture goes on them all

a similar approach could be applied to upper/lower unpegging too!

having ALT/SHIFT override the default behaviour means that advanced mappers can do it but newbies dont need to so wont get overwhelmed too.