Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
baronofhell

QUAKE 4 E3 TRAILER

I watched that soon after seeing the trailer for Killzone 2, so was wasn't as impressed as I would have been if it was visa-versa.

NiGHTMARE said:

Looks okay to me. Perhaps it's your system?

I don't think so:

1 gig ram
GeForce 6800
3.4 ghz
ugh... I forgot the rest.

This looks sweet. It has the atmosphere of the original (which is my favorite of all the Quakes). For once in a long while, it looks like they're making an FPS I want to get.

While I'll definitely play Quake 4, my favorite atmosphere was Quake 1, but any Quake is a good quake!

mikedm92 said:

I hope it isn't choppy like that. (Of course that's an alpha or something)

I had problems with it in winamp but windows media player worked fine.

It has "The Mark Has Been Playing" by Nine Inch Nails in the background!

mikedm92 said:

I don't think so:

1 gig ram
GeForce 6800
3.4 ghz
ugh... I forgot the rest.

Hardware means nothing if your drivers, codecs, etc aren't set up properly.

Is that video choppy for you? Ouch? Do yourself a favour and skip the gamespy video. Go find it on gamershell or ign because the copy I grabbed was 50MB and perfectly well paced.

It's also a good idea to check your codec/driver settings like Nightmare pointed out. A video like that shouldn't be choppy.

Textures looks a lot better than D3 and the cinematic elements look more promising as well. The blood effects looked a little too RE2, but that could just be the one scene. Not quite as good as Killzone 2, but still pretty awesome! I didn't get the Q1 feel at all though, but I could be being a little picky as that was one of my favorite games...

You didn't get the Q1 feeling because this is a continuation of Q2 :).

Heh, when dan said Original, you thought he meant the original quake. When he actually meant the original Quake 2. I can see where you got confused though, but since the two most recent id games that have been at E3 were Quake 4 and Enemy Territory: Quake Wars and that both are in the same universe as Quake 2, to me anyway it makes obvious sense that he was referring to Q2. I mean it definitely was the best Quake of all time and now it's a sort of trilogy. Badass :D

sounds like a cheap rip off of a nine inch nails song to me...

anyway, awesome. Looks more like balls out action than stalker horror of doom three, which is nice.

Actually...given a few ID staff are fans of NIN, and Reznor was a rabid doom player, both are entirely possible. Remember Reznor was slated for the D3 sidetrack. So you never know.

Danarchy said:

This looks sweet. It has the atmosphere of the original (which is my favorite of all the Quakes).

Danarchy said:

Uh no. I obviously meant 2.

Uh, obviously? Quake 1 is the "original" quake. Sorry for the misunderstanding ; P I wish they were doing a sequel to quake 1.. Q1 > Q2, except for multiplayer, which I don't play anyway. Oh well, it will never never happen. : (
Quake had NIN on the nailgun ammo!... Q2 had dick tracey styled colored lighting... 'nuff said.

mallis said:

sounds like a cheap rip off of a nine inch nails song to me....

I thought someone said it was a NIN song... I havne't seen it on a computer with speakers so I can't say...

Look:

Quake 4 is a sequel to Quake 2. Therefore, the original game in this case would be Quake 2. Simple logic. You all have the reading comprehension of 4th graders.

(And Quake 2 was far superior to Quake: Attack of the Brown)

Danarchy said:

Look:

Quake 4 is a sequel to Quake 2. Therefore, the original game in this case would be Quake 2. Simple logic. You all have the reading comprehension of 4th graders.

(And Quake 2 was far superior to Quake: Attack of the Brown)

No need to be an ass... Q2: Attack of Cyborgs and fruity colors ; P

Typical. I mention I like Quake 2 and everyone attacks me for it. Grow up, people.

quake 2 had some really nice enemy design. I loved the basic strogg trooper, very ecconomical with the polygons yet a very fluid, visual presence, if you know what I mean and I'm sure you do.

The monsters present in the video lacked that imagination. Even the earth soldiers looked boring and generic.

I like Quake 2 just fine. I remember playing the beta a lot when it first came out. All of the Quakes so far are fine except the third one. I think of it as more of a stand-alone game...well, no. More of an embarrassment, really.