Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Ichor

Making New Configurations

I want to make a new game configuration, but when I try to load a map, I get this error:

Error 457 in LoadMapConfiguration: This key is already associated with an element of this collection

Game configuration: C:\Program Files\Doom Builder\Fury.cfg
Also, how do I get it to show up in that list of configuration files to choose from?

Did you change the "game" setting in the configuration? You must give it a unique name.

No I didn't. I figured it had to be that name (Hexen in this case) for it to work.

Ok, I changed the name and it appears on the list now, but I still get that error message when I load a map.

Then I cant tell what it is. You must be missing a " or a ; somewhere or you have put a { where a } should be. Or you are just missing a whole structure that it is expecting to find (if you dont have the generalized linedefs, set the "generalizedlinedefs" setting to 0, same for generalized sectors). Compare your config with another to see if you have every required structure. WinDiff is a good tool to compare text files and show you the differences.

I've looked through the whole file and I still can't find what the problem is. You'd think that the error checker would have found the problem like it did with missing quotation marks or semicolons, but I guess not.

What would normally cause that error anyway?

Maybe it might be a good idea to start over again. Something you've done somewhere else in the file might be messing that up.

Just copy the hexen.cfg file, rename it to fury.cfg or whatever.

Then open it and change this only

// This is the title to show for this game
game = "Hexen";
to
// This is the title to show for this game
game = "Fury";
Save it, make sure that works properly in DB (which if it doesn't, something has gone awry with your copy of DB).

Only after you've made sure it worked should you go on adding things. Make sure every once in a while you check it in DB; that way if something does go wrong while you're doing it, you can localize the problem a lot easier.

You know, I tried doing that already. I started having problems in the monsters section. Oddly enough, I could add another } and it would load just fine. However, every sprite beyond that would have a ? as if they didn't exist.

Ichor said:

I want to make a new game configuration, but when I try to load a map, I get this error:

Error 457 in LoadMapConfiguration: This key is already associated with an element of this collection

Game configuration: C:\Program Files\Doom Builder\Fury.cfg
Also, how do I get it to show up in that list of configuration files to choose from?

Sounds like at least two things, linetypes or sector effects have the same ID numbers in the cfg. I get that error when I accidently do that.

I didn't touch either one of those sections, so I guess it's possible that I have more than one of the same thing number.

Yeah, that was the problem. I had two cases of two things with the same number (well three actually, but I fixed that one earlier and I didn't think there were any more). Now it's loading just fine.

This is a typical error in VB when you try to add the SAME element to a collection MORE than once.
Make sure you're not duplicating anything in your config file.