Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Scuba Steve

Blunderbust (Star Wars branch)

Battle of Endor was a pretty big blunder from the rebel's perspective. They walked right into a trap and had dozens of their capitol ships reduced to dust. If not for a fluke of furry puppets beating the galaxies most highly trained army, it would have been the biggest disaster for the rebels.

Jehar said:

Stormtroopers == highly trained? HAH

looks like someone hasn't seen episode 2

That battle in Episode III that I don't know the name of but I'll just call "Lucas' Wookiegeddon"
'

Only a Stormtrooper could be that accurate!

Quast said:

looks like someone hasn't seen episode 2

Your not one of those who believes that the stormies are *clones* are you?
Your MIND, what has George done to it?!?

The stormtroopers are highly trained soldiers (not clones, please). It's just that in the three movies we only see them matched up against heroes.

mallis said:

LEEEEERRRRRROOOOOOYYYYYYY JEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHNNNNNNKKKKIIINNNNSSS!!!!

Heh, now I can't stop saying that every time I hype myself up for something stupid.

Anders said:

The stormtroopers are highly trained soldiers (not clones, please).

Why wouldn't they be clones? The clone troopers resemble Stormtroopers for a reason, yno.

I recall that one time when Star Wars was mentioned, someone said something to the effect "oh yeah, that movie where they can't aim."

Anders said:

The stormtroopers are highly trained soldiers (not clones, please). It's just that in the three movies we only see them matched up against heroes.

SPOILER STAR WARS PREQUELS (EPISODE II and III):

umm.. the stormtroopers are the clone troopers? duh. Thats why Palpantine took control, he had a full army, sith powers, and control over the republic. He kept everything except he made the republic and empire and re-outfitted the stormtroopers. Even Leia says to Luke in Episode 4 "Arent you a little short for a stormtrooper?" implying they are clones.

Spoiler for which movie?, the only one i havent seen is episode 3, but i imagine it could be an episode 2 spoiler, wont read anyway

Anyway, wasnt the Charge of the light brigade a bit of a cock up?, cavalry with swords charging directly at fortified enemy positions with cannons and muskets is a recipie for pain. Expect the hollywood re-make where brad pitt, playing the plucky english hero, snatches the girl from the arms of the arabic terrorists (surely 'russian soldiers'-ed) before fleeing the battle to emotional music and a slowly fluttering american flag

I'm talking about the Starwars triology, not the stupid movies Lucas made for his kids. Whatever bullshit Lucas decided to put in them doesn't affect the triology.

Leia isn't implying they are clones at all, just that stormtroopers are generally manly men of high stature (they are after all highly trained soldiers and all).

Anders said:

Whatever bullshit Lucas decided to put in them doesn't affect the triology.

Um, considering they are his movies, they DO. I'm not going to defend Lucas anymore than that, and I'm not a fan of the prequels as good cinema, anyway. The point of episode 2 was to show that the stormtroopers were clones...christ, y'know, just because you don't want to believe/don't like doesn't mean it isn't. Maybe you want to argue with the nerds at theforce.net about what is cannon and what isn't?

regardless of whether you liked it or not, the first two movies are the official storyline. Even if you dont like the movies, there are key points in it which define the future ones.

Pfft, who cares if it's the "official" storyline when it's just crap Lucas came up with years after he made the original movies, imho it's what was in his mind when he made the first three movies that matters. (Han shoots first damnit!)

Anders said:

Pfft, who cares if it's the "official" storyline when it's just crap Lucas came up with years after he made the original movies, imho it's what was in his mind when he made the first three movies that matters. (Han shoots first damnit!)

Dude he had the entire story written in the beggining, but then broke it into 9 parts. He made the middle 3 first, and later with thier success decided to make the first and last 3. He later decided just to make the first 3, but they were all thier originally.

insertwackynamehere said:

Dude he had the entire story written in the beggining, but then broke it into 9 parts. He made the middle 3 first, and later with thier success decided to make the first and last 3. He later decided just to make the first 3, but they were all thier originally.

Hahaha. No.

Anders said:

Hahaha. No.

Hahaha. Yes. You're wrong, admit it. George Lucas created the originals and the prequels and both are official parts of the story. There is no argument.

That's such a bunch of bullshit. He never had stories for anything but 4-6 originaly. He just had some vague backstory about the "Old Republic" and the "Clone Wars" that he made up to give the story some character but I'm fairly certain he didn't have an actual plot in mind. He probably wrote the entire script for Episode 1 the weekend before they began shooting. It smacks of being rushed what with all the gaping plotholes, bad dialogue, and wooden characters. Actuqaly, I read an interview not to long ago where Lucas said he had to force himself to write the scripts for the prequels. That's not a good sign.

Oh, come on, don't you see he was already thinking about Jar Jar Binks and what a great character he would make, back in the 70s?

Danarchy said:

I read an interview not to long ago where Lucas said he had to force himself to write the scripts for the prequels. That's not a good sign.

And I'm sure everyone defending a position in this thread has read "something somewhere" to back it up.

The clones are the later stormtroopers. You can see that in the armors the wear (take a closer look to the troopers on Wookieland). In some of the video games, they talk about recruiting stations for the Empire Army (I think this was on Star Wars: Demolition).

So, let's put it this way: Some of the later stormtroopers are clones, but since they die, the empire needs to reinforce their lines, which *might* be done by recruiting people. Recruiting and training people a bit taller than Luke.

The new movies work pretty well as a prequel. If you have a sharp eye, you can see the star destroyers, the tie fighter, even the X-wings.