Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Gokuma

Street Zombies is the best movie ever.

I thought Street Zombies was a funny show of pseudo-special effects. That weird morph effect was promoted quite a lot for some reason, despite looking horrible on screen (I remember seeing an auction on Ebay by the director, J.R. Bookwalter, selling the pc program used to make the effect advertising it as "used on a proffesional film" or something). However the title is a bit of a misnomer since the movie isn't really about zombies, but rather deformed drug users with random makeup and masks thrown onto them. I don't see what was wrong with the original title, Ozone. At least that would have had some bearing on the plot.

Unfortunately I bought my copy of Steet Zombies before the 10th anniversary special edition came out, so I missed out on all the extras. :(

Regardless, I can't say I was dissapointed with the movie. There were more than enough cheesy scenes to entertain and the story wasn't entirely horrible. I have seen some of J.R. Bookwalter's other films, and although I can't say I'm a fan of his more recent films, he did direct Dead Next Door, possibly the best zombie movie ever filmed on 8mm. And heck, Dead Next Door was produced by Sam Raimi, and it even had Bruce Campbell in it. Last I heard Anchor Bay was helping Bookwalter make a remastered version of the movie for a new DVD release, so I am looking forward to that.