Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sargebaldy

Complexity - Because Simplicity Sucks

Uh.. No. So, I didn't find myself once again excited, and decided that it would be a bad idea to make another completely static and fabulous map in about 500 days. The map is extremely long, and should take the average person about 2-4 days to complete.

However, it's still only about 1% done.

SCREENSHOTS:

Bloodskull said:

Hope you get mappers block and die a visually horrible death!

OMG NOES!

Mivalekan said:

Bloodskull, are you allowed to have an avatar that big? ;/

I'm not the one you should be asking.

dutch devill said:

Bloodskull your avatar irritates me very much.

Tell that to the admins then, I have no control over it.

dutch devill said:

Bloodskull your avatar irritates me very much.

complain to the admins. Its his title not avatar. Its a vertical marquee of dancing letters, not a single image

insertwackynamehere said:

complain to the admins. Its his title not avatar.

Why do the admins think your an retard bloodskull, sorry for not seeing this as an custom title my mistake.
Complain about this...nope im fine with it;)

Bloodskull said:

I have no control over it.

Hahah that's where you fail. You have full control of your actions, you also have control over weather or not we have to know about it. The admins have never met in you in real life, you are a retard based on your actions as described by you. Happy?

And on Topic: Sarge, your screenshot looks sweet but don't let this interfere with a certain 'incident' you should be working on!

Call that detail? where's the hand dryers? the overflowing waste paper bin? the discarded, trodden-in chewing gum?

Graf Zahl said:

After reading that brain dead shit I have to ask why they still allow this idiot to stay here... :?

Maybe they like his brain dead shit? Just look at Braindead... it's almost a non-stop laugh movie..

I think complexity sucks, because simplicity rocks. First you might think complexity is better than simplicity, but later you get annoyed by the ridiculous complexity, which could be much more simpler. Doom is fun, because it's simple. If it's made too complex, it's not fun anymore.

Jimi said:

Doom is fun, because it's simple. If it's made too complex, it's not fun anymore.

That depends.

There are complex levels that suck and simple levels that rock. But there are also simple levels that suck and complex levels that rock. In the end it's all relative. Neither complexity nor simplicity suck by default. Only bad maps do.

Graf Zahl said:

That depends.

There are complex levels that suck and simple levels that rock. But there are also simple levels that suck and complex levels that rock. In the end it's all relative. Neither complexity nor simplicity suck by default. Only bad maps do.

I kinda meant that relative complexity/simplicity. Or maybe I meant that complex stuff starts to suck easier, because it's more complex to keep it fun.

Jimi said:

I kinda meant that relative complexity/simplicity. Or maybe I meant that complex stuff starts to suck easier, because it's more complex to keep it fun.

I'd say simple maps are more prone to suckiness, because they were most likely made by new mappers, who don't yet understand the mechanics of good gameplay.

What the hell? Really, what has that got to do with anything, really? So you're saying Agent Spork aint an experianced mapper? I don't really agree with you on that one...

Baldy, cool screens! 2-4 days to play? Woah, that'll be a large sector count.

Graf Zahl said:

After reading that brain dead shit I have to ask why they still allow this idiot to stay here... :?

Good question. Seems there must be a black ship among the white ones. :/ , :\

Graf Zahl said:

Let him stay and ignore him, then he has no fun and he leave by himself.

Greetings.