Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cycloid

3d mode slooow, and my things dont show up!

at first i'd remapped align texture to T so things wouldnt toggle on and off. so i mapped it to M and killed the middle texture option. worked fine in a map i was looking at to demo run but no things in my own map, could it be because i'm using a resource wad? or do i have to edit my custom doombuilder config ("boom cycloid") i suspsect it's the latter.

but anyway, 3d mode used to be speedy and smooth and now it's slow as f**k. what on earth did you do to it?! would be good to use it in a small window but...

the brightness of 3d mode is still really hard to use, far too dark, would be nice if there was a gamma control in the preferences. seems like most other doomers have their brightness/contrast up full or such (because screenshots on websites are typicallly impossible to see too)... well i use my PC for other stuff too and dont want to have to wear sunglasses when using word!

For gamma control:

Tools=>Configuration=>3D Mode Tab

Look on the right side, under FOV, Move Speed and Mouse Speed, there are Gamma and Brightness adjustments. Change the numbers in the boxes accordingly.

I've noticed that things for hexen don't show up in 3d mode. Don't know about heretic or strife, I haven't tried them out yet.

ehhh are things suppose to show up in 3d mode!? I never saw them ever. From a very old version up to this one on both my pc's, i never saw things in 3d mode.

robindegen said:

ehhh are things suppose to show up in 3d mode!? I never saw them ever. From a very old version up to this one on both my pc's, i never saw things in 3d mode.

its a new feature