Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Bloodshedder

It Took an Eternity

But finally a new version of the Eternity Engine has been released. The biggest new feature of version v3.33 is the Small scripting engine. There's also ExtraData linedef support, new MapInfo features, EDF 1.4, additive translucency, and improved y-shearing (mouselook).

Portals are not quite the same as ROR. They can give the illusion of ROR, but do not provide a spatial connection. SoM has been working on code to allow mapthings to pass through from one side to the other with anchored portals, but the code is not ready to be brought into the main port yet, so it's not in this version (his other fixes that allow two-way and recursive rendering are in place, however).

BTW, Does people know that Eternity have scripts nowadays? I didn't until a few days ago. :/

kristus said:

BTW, Does people know that Eternity have scripts nowadays? I didn't until a few days ago. :/

Without a couple cool demos nobody will care anyway.

/me didn't read the news post thoroughly enough, and just now noticed that it mentions it.- :p

boris: Well, you're the script demo god, get cracking. ;)

BTW: When people see the things Lüt and Mord is making using eternity, it'll not be long before people catch on to it's power. Atleast I hope so.

kristus said:

BTW: When people see the things Lüt and Mord is making using eternity, it'll not be long before people catch on to it's power. Atleast I hope so.

... except that neither Millennium nor Mordeth will ever be released...

If you want some demos then somebody needs to make some. I don't have time to map on top of all the other work I do. In the meantime there is the start map, which is an excellent demonstration of basic Small. The source code for the startmap's script is included with the Small compiler distribution.

Oops, somehow this missed my attention during the rewrite process, but the variable to enable mouselook is NOT on the mouse options menu. It's actually buried really deep in the advanced options menu of multiplayer settings (where it has been for some reason since SMMU).

Anyways, bring down the console and type "allowmlook on" and that will take care of the problem until the next version, when I'll fix that. The "Always mlook" variable, which is on the mouse options menu where it belongs, controls whether or not you need to hold down a key bound to the "look on" action in order to mlook. Turning "always mlook" on means that vertical mouse motion is always interpreted as mlook rather than forward/backward player motion.

Sorry about this confusion, I really don't know how I missed it.

I don't know why that start map is still there. Years ago I sent an version with an updated layout that wasn't a bunch of cramped hallways. The one in this release has texture misalignments everywhere and it looks like an unfocused mess. Whatever, I'm using portions from the updated version in future maps.

Scuba Steve said:

I demand Lava Factory 2.

There shall be none :P

Sign in to follow this