Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Arioch

Ban AOL proxies?

I have recently (today) enacted bans covering AOL's proxy servers, which are used exclusively by AOL's browser. This was a step taken in reaction to the latest wave of spammers exemplified in fatman.

However, this proxy ban covers a number of other people as well, and I'd like to ask a question of all of you.

AOL's browser uses a proxy server by default, and in blocking the ranges for those proxy servers, we can prevent posting on Doomworld forums from the likes of fatman, but in the process, some of you will have to switch browsers.

Or, I can remove the bans, fatman can continue making his posts, and Lüt can keep Post-Helling them.

What shall it be?

Anybody on AOL needs to get a new browser anyway. Go ahead with the proxy banning.

Anybody on AOL needs to get a new browser anyway.

I'll have you know I've had IE and Netscape as long as I've had AOL, for just such circumstances.

This was a step taken in reaction to the latest wave of spammers exemplified in fatman.

Why the hell do they always come in waves?

Hmm...alot of people use AOL, so I would say, give Lüt the extra work, or just username ban fatman.

Millions of people successfully use a dial-up provider OTHER than AOL, hundreds of thousands more are able to get some sort of broadband be it cable or DSL.

Question is: why AOL?

Millions of people successfully use a dial-up provider OTHER than AOL, hundreds of thousands more are able to get some sort of broadband be it cable or DSL.

Question is: why AOL?

Because there are also millions of people use AOL than other ISP, and there are hundreds of thousands more are not able to get some sort of broadband be it cable or DSL.

Hmm...alot of people use AOL, so I would say, give Lüt the extra work, or just username ban fatman.

Yeah, hope Lut would support this. I mean how hard could it be just to ban fatman's IP by arranging it by a little for eternity

Wipe them out! All of them!

Uh, I just got carried away a little there. No need for such drastic measures. Exterminating annoying pests should be reserved for a lower class of invertebrates, so disregard my suggestion. Heh!

In another point of view, I guess there is nothing else to argue about, cuz' it's the decision that arioch has made, and rules are rules. There won't be any changes can be made unless arioch would change his mind or Linguica will concern about this. Otherwise there is not much left to say

Guest Fanatic

What has fatman done to deserve this? I haven't seen any spamming by him...

Go and find your answer in the green area. I'll promise you that you will find several topics made by him that makes no sence whatsover.

What has fatman done to deserve this? I haven't seen any spamming by him...

What can I say... Lüt's been doing his job well

Ban AOL! I love that and outlaw Netscape.

OK serious now, the one who never posted dumb post raise his hand. Man, this forum is about a fucking game called Doom, why take it dead serious? Make L(whatever)t work for his money.

Well I don't even have one thread created by me that's in post hell. I'm pretty sure I won't have a lot of them either, mainly cuz I don't make any new topics I just respond to ones that exist. Reason for that is because I don't have anything to say; going through threads that were made by other people gives me something to say, and therefore keeps me from getting bored for the time I don't have anything better to do.

Make L(whatever)t work for his money.

But, I don't get any money ;)

Sure ya dont Lüt...
/me pays Lüt secretly under the table...

But, I don't get any money ;)

OK Lüt, then ban all AOL and automatically redirect all Netscape users to Post Hell or too this page.

Why? Glad you asked, try to use your IE "Back" button to get out of this site. They can’t even do HTML, murharharhar.

OK Lüt, then ban all AOL and automatically redirect all Netscape users to Post Hell or too this page.

Why? Glad you asked, try to use your IE "Back" button to get out of this site. They can’t even do HTML, murharharhar.

Sadly, your point has fallen through, for your link opens a new window, in which there is no back button.

Sadly, your point has fallen through, for your link opens a new window, in which there is no back button.

You are right, and it was the wrong link anyway.

Also if one is happy using Netscape let them. It is a free country after all.