Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Lengis

The Best "Doom Clone"

Guest ZZ_TOPPER_X

The best DOOM clone is Chex Quest damnit!

THAT is the funniest thing I've heard all day. It was basically Doom with different sprites, textures, and levels, but same type of weapons. I remember being suckered into frantically looking for Chex cereal to play that dang thing. Man, was I dumb.

And ROTT? I loved that game. Goriest game I'd ever seen at the time. Too bad I never played a single multiplayer match (aka Comm-Bat) with anyone, ever. It was the first game to have Capture the Flag! (Well, Capture the Triad, actually.)

The Multiplayer was really fun. It's like some primitive Blood deathmatch. Dunno, it gave me that impression.

Of course we were playing with Gunfinity activated, so we used no weapon except the Napalm.

Strife anyone?

Yeah, dammit! Strife wins on innovation & addiction,
while Heretic by far had the best atmosphere. All
the others are quite a bit behind.

oh, and System Shock & Blood are quite impressive too.

The Multiplayer was really fun. It's like some primitive Blood deathmatch. Dunno, it gave me that impression.

Did anyone notice that Blood and ROTT are very similar in general?

Both have a TON of blood, both have cultists (blood's clutists are MUCH kewler though), both have similar colors (brownish and dirty), both have similar physics where the enemies fly in the air when u shoot at them, both have enemies that can catch on fire, etc

Guest ZZ_TOPPER_X

Click classicgaming.com]here for an article on the making of ROTT, history of the staff, etc. Very entertaining reading.

Sorry for moving this topic up to the first page, but I need to do it so that I can see the games that are written under this topic so I can write them down and try them out okay? Please don't ban me. I heard that if you revive old topics you get banned so please don't ban me okay?