• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Erik

[released] - Scythe 2

Aww there is no chance to see my BOSSBACK graphic because there's no map30. :(
Anyway good project. ;)

High Flyin' Ryan said:

I love this wad it is probably my favorite. Though, my JDoom crashes on map 15, but other than that everything is great.

The text file says 'Boom compatible'. That rules out JDoom for playing it. Since it really uses some Boom linedefs (including Map 15) you wouldn't be able to fully play it anyway.

I was disappointed that we could easily jump over barriers we weren't supposed to. Server admins need to take note of this if you put up a coop game.

Graf Zahl said:

Up to Map22 it was excellent but the style of gameplay in the following maps is something I just don't enjoy.

It goes back to normal again in map26 :).

NiGHTMARE said:

It goes back to normal again in map26 :).

And back to crazy in Map27. :P

Well after playing it a bit .. I have the say the levels are really well designed. Map 27 looks very nice.

Not too big a fan of the gameplay though, which is pretty trial-and-error in some spots, especially on Skill 4. It seems like the later levels were made for the demo guys and nobody else, similar to HR2. I would reccomend everyone who isn't a Doom God play on Skill 3 or lower :P

Perhaps I should point out that in map07, uv, co-op, the mastermind on the right side.. hes stuck, can't fire, can't do anything..

BlackFish said:

You sure you fixed the Map14 exploit? I can easily hit the switch near the entrance and get the blue key still...

It's intentional, I only fixed the pits.

Other maps with known shortcuts (major or minor): 02,06,08,09,10,11,13,14,15,17,18,19,23 (extremely major one),27.

udderdude said:

Well after playing it a bit .. I have the say the levels are really well designed. Map 27 looks very nice.

Not too big a fan of the gameplay though, which is pretty trial-and-error in some spots, especially on Skill 4. It seems like the later levels were made for the demo guys and nobody else, similar to HR2. I would reccomend everyone who isn't a Doom God play on Skill 3 or lower :P

I recommend playing a lower skill level, skill 4 is for crazy people and for those that already know the maps.

Erik said:

skill 4 is for crazy people...

Hmm, that applies for me [plays on skill 4] :D

Holy moly! That one's a sweet one. I wish you hadn't put in an empty box for map28, though - that way, we don't get to see the new BOSSBACK.

map30 crashes my prboom 2.2.6 (Debian testing). I see the start of Doom 2 map30 then it crashes and messes the resolution.

ducon said:

map30 crashes my prboom 2.2.6 (Debian testing). I see the start of Doom 2 map30 then it crashes and messes the resolution.

Any map with a boss shooter will crash this. The final map is map27.

map25, the exit... the doorway to the sky pit is only 48 pixels high - how the hell do I get through? Suicide rocket against the opposing wall? That would seem way too far fetched for a set of maps that has been extremely logical and classy so far.

I even opened the map in an editor to figure this out, but there is nothing tagged to that sector.

Ouch. I think thats a poor solution, and what if you've exhausted your supply of rockets? Imagine having to re-play the entire map just to be able to kill yourself in the exit... (I no anti-cheat evangelist so I'll just IDCLIP)

Well, you can just idclev 26 as you will lose all the weaponry anyway when you die. I thought it was pretty obvious and so did my testers, but I guess I could've been wrong.

Obvious, maybe - but it also was a rather weak point in the WAD. A casual player who doesn't read the Demos forum etc. might not even know it's possible.

Yeah well, it might have been a mistake. I just wanted to make some variant way of dying. The other way (teleport into barrel+romero room) isn't flawless either as if you press use at once when you die you will restart the level. Some random guy actually couldn't finish scythe(1) map10 because of this. The way used in scythe2 map05 isn't perfect either as you can be zombiefied by it.

Erik said:

The other way (teleport into barrel+romero room) isn't flawless either as if you press use at once when you die you will restart the level.

I don't think many people other than the demo freaks would know about rocket suicide finishes to be honest. As you hint at, I would have thought quite a few people don't even realise you can finish a level if you're dead.

I also find this sort of thing a bit harder in Zdoom as you don't seem to bounce around from rocket blasts quite as much, but that's hardly your fault :oP

Well, I haven't gotten a single email concerning the map25 exit yet and I recieved 30+ emails regarding other aspects of the wad (mostly "omg, this wad r0xor" type mails =). So either people are just cheating past it or they figure it out (or they give up and quit).

How about if you press a switch which launches a rocket (maybe 2 or 3 at once) and throw you to the exit that way?

Ichor said:

How about if you press a switch which launches a rocket (maybe 2 or 3 at once) and throw you to the exit that way?

I am not considering changing it. Also, you can't do that in boom can you?

Oh, I thought you were using ZDoom since you had those extra monsters. I'm not sure you can spawn projectiles in Boom though.

Ichor said:

Oh, I thought you were using ZDoom since you had those extra monsters.

Dehacked can do that, too!