Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Opulent

Scythe2 Demos

Mmmm... We doubt we could find them, as Method formated his HDD at least 5 times since that.

Cool screenshot :) Well we haven't noticed this, so sorry. at least it's a motivation for us to record a better demo and a true max.
EDIT: Gothic mini-episode movie was also very easy to complete, my time was 13:28. Somebody for episode III and IV?

Finally! I got a map25 UV-Max recorded not too long ago using the archie boost to get over the wall w/ the BFG on it.

I'll admit firsthand that it's an average demo at best since I make some stupid mistakes and play a bit too safely in spots.

It's the only demo I got after 6 or so hours of attempts a couple days ago, plus the 1 1/2 hours of attempts today though.

Oh, and the time of course is 16:15. Should be several minutes faster of course. Perhaps someone else will give it a shot, as it should not be very tough to improve the time.

I'll send the run to Ops now.

ducon said:

Which port is this? prboom?

The fact that it features Andrey's smart totals means that it must be prboom+.

I don't understand how it's possible to create such fine levels. Who is the author of music from the map25?

Just found something tiny on my HDD ... map16 max in 0:44. Will be sent to Doug.

Map 20 Uv "Speed ... :)" in 3:24 ... 1st exit ... well at least it doesnt desync.
What do you think about it Angus :) I hope you will find this crappy run easily beatable...

Schneelocke: thx, btw. you probably missed the demos that were uploaded about two weeks ago (post on page 11), there are our coop demos (finally :), a movie and some maxers (I saw these demos are missing in scythe2 table)

Gusta said:

Schneelocke: thx, btw. you probably missed the demos that were uploaded about two weeks ago (post on page 11), there are our coop demos (finally :), a movie and some maxers (I saw these demos are missing in scythe2 table)

Ah, yes, thanks. For some reason, I'm not getting email notifications for thread updates from doomworld anymore, so I have to check for new posts manually now (which means I might miss a couple on occasion, unfortunately).

Anyhow, I'll download these now and add them soon! (EDIT: done.)

I tried that map20 again, made a little route tweak and hoped for something around 3:10. Suddenly the clock stopped at 2:43 :))) Heh, I am happy with that time!

It's possible to get through the windows to the exit with archvile jumps, but it's considerably easier in zdoom... you'd need to jump onto the sides of those pillars first, THEN have the archie firing from the right direction to do it in prboom.

I know I know :) I was too lazy to try this. Just tried some double/triple jump by archie group on the left side - without luck. You probably mean to use the separate archie on the right side.

There are still some undone shortcuts in map13: The YK grab is the main thing which would save a time and also method said something about a linedef near redkey which could be walked aroud to avoid closing a door behind you (don't know if this would really save some time)

The linedef thing I knew about, but I figured it's too much trouble trying to go back the same way (there's always a group of imps and sometimes also a demon blocking the way, and the jump over to the other lift is often blocked). A yellow key grab sounds interesting, though. I'll check it out. Thanks! :-)

EDIT: I could only do the keygrab when using a rocket boost, which makes it kind of pointless (as you are still forced to go get the RL and also, you are usually short on health when you reach this point). Isn't it possible with strafe-50 only?

I remember that I did this keygrab just with simple running forward, but don't know how reliable this method really is.

Well, I tried it for ten minutes, and the results were disheartening... I could only do it three times. :-(

It's much too unpredictable for me. Unless I can find a way to do it with relative consistency there's no way I can include it in a speedrun...

On June 21st, 2005 I said (about map 15 secret exit speed):
D'oh! I'll try for 0:19...

Almost 8 months later, here we are. :-)
Map 15 UV speed, secret exit in 0:19. This demo doesn't look very good, sadly.

I'll try for 0:18, too. Hopefully I'll give it a serious go within the next 8 months. :-P

Nice one Kristian. Btw. you could also beat my map17 speed run? This one waits for an improvement for a long time too.

Thanks! :-) Map 17? I'll take a look at it, but I don't think it would be so easy to improve.

EDIT: I fooled around with it for a bit and got a 0:42. I'll try to improve it some more before I upload, though.

I agree, my run was ugly and full of lags, IMO below 40 is possible there ... I am looking forward to watch that time made by you :)