Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sdger

DB bug in Texture Selector

I started a new Hexen map: 2 separate sectors draw in Lines mode. I inserted a Player spawn then selected one whole sector still in Lines mode. Because every side was Unknown Texture, I right-clicked on it, went to Sidedefs tab and clicked on Unknown Texture. The Select Texture appeared with no texture; I pressed TAB to view all textures and got

"Runtime error '424' Object required"

Then DB exited.

Well, I get this every now and then, but it seems to be random on my computer. Maybe you should restart DB and try again?

This is a known bug that will be fixed. The feature to use TAB to see all textures will become optional.

The tab to show all textures feature is actually very useful for those of us who mix textures and flats and/or use our own textures.

About the error, this happens randomly, and seemingly less in 3D mode. My advice: edit textures and flats in 3D mode and save often.

About the bug. If you edit in Doom the bug is random yes. But if you edit in Hexen then (no textures will show up and the texture names given are Doom texture names.) DB will get a runtime error'9' if you try to change the texture from that point.

Actually, I love the feature, it makes it easier for me to map areas with a similar theme without scroll through hundreds of textures.

But I can understand how people don't like it.

Perhaps it can be swapped around? As in, by default it shows all textures, hitting tab filters out the unused textures...