Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Chris99873

Hmm.. Little help here pls.

I used to play Doom alot on my old BBS, That was years agoo.. Anyways, Im no Newb, just new to playing over the internet.

Can some of you tell me what the best program would be to Multiplay Final Doom with 2 or more people?
I'm on a 56k modem btw...

Chris99873
I look forward to frag'n you peeps:)

I tried 4 programs. Zdoom, Csdoom, Zdaemon, DoomServ..

Ill start with Zdaemon
Error:
The Zlauncher.exe file is linked to missing export.......
Error:
D:\Doom\Final Doom\zlauncher.exe
A device attached to the system is not functioning.
Thats off Zlauncher.exe
Zserver.exe
Error:
Unable to load- zserver.cfg
Get LastError =2

Zdoom:
Error:
Dderr_InvalidParams
GetLastError = 87
Zdoom Consquently locks up my system, I have ctrl-alt-delete to close the error, and have to reboot if i want to get my sound back
Csdoom gives the same Error...

I have an Amd550Mhz computer, windows 98, running Final Doom, and none of these programs will even run on my computer... I have them all installed in the same directory as my wad files.. plutonia.wad and tnt.wad
Sooo what am I doing wrong?

I tried 4 programs. Zdoom, Csdoom, Zdaemon, DoomServ..

Ill start with Zdaemon
Error:
The Zlauncher.exe file is linked to missing export.......
Error:
D:\Doom\Final Doom\zlauncher.exe
A device attached to the system is not functioning.
Thats off Zlauncher.exe
Zserver.exe
Error:
Unable to load- zserver.cfg
Get LastError =2

Zdoom:
Error:
Dderr_InvalidParams
GetLastError = 87
Zdoom Consquently locks up my system, I have ctrl-alt-delete to close the error, and have to reboot if i want to get my sound back
Csdoom gives the same Error...

I have an Amd550Mhz computer, windows 98, running Final Doom, and none of these programs will even run on my computer... I have them all installed in the same directory as my wad files.. plutonia.wad and tnt.wad
Sooo what am I doing wrong?

For zdaemon: make sure you've downloaded the latest version of zdaemon. The lastest version of zdaemon should be 0.99 currently. You are required to have the full version of doom2.wad and it should be upgraded up to v1.9. The size of it is about 14,603,911 bytes. Well this is for you to play on doom2 servers. If you wish to play final doom (plutonia/TNT), then you'll need to put those Iwads in your zdaemon folder. Same thing you do to doom2.wad as well :)
Finally, you'll need HawkNl.dll, hermes.dll, and ptc.dll files in your folder too. These are the computer system files required to run the program. I guess this is much about it.

Remember Zlauncher is the main program you need to use get servers to play with. Zdaemon.exe is nothing for use, as far as I concern. Zserver.exe is for you to host your own server, not for playing.

For zdoom: you'll need (full version)doom2.wad, hermes.dll, and ptc.dll.

For csdoom: same thing you'll need as what you need for zdoom

No idea what the deal is then. I copied the tnt.wad and plutonia.wad into the zdaemon directory, same deal. Legacy wont work either, neither will DoomServ

So thats csdoom, zdoom, legacy, zdaemon, doomserv, all that will not work. Legacy actually is fine up untill I try to launch it, or play a single player game, then it gives me a load of Bs about the doom3.wad <or something> not being the right version...
Your Doom3.wad file is wrong version
Use the Doom3.wad comming from the same zip file of this exe
Ironically, the only doom3.wad I have, came with legacy.
Thats 5 whole programs that will not work for one reason or another.. what Version of Windows do you have?

The problem with Doomserv is I can't go to their website to get a server list, and without the server stuff I can't connect to create a account, or anything and it reports an error.
There website is gone.. wich kinda makes doomserv worthless...

Thanx
Chris99873

To fix ZDaemon, copy an up2date version of mfc42.dll to your c:\windows\system directory. If you can't find it anywhere else, try this: http://www.abo.fi/~kilundqv/mfc42.zip .

To fix ZDooM, force it to run in fullscreen mode. Run "zdoom.exe +set fullscreen 1", or something like that.

N.C.

For DoomServ server files, check out http://greensting.addr.com/dsfiles or http://greensting.addr.com/dsfiles/dsfiles.htm .

Try the Washington one first.

N.C.

Your ZDooM problem might also be related to DirectX. Make sure you have DirectX v7 or later properly installed (if you're running Win9x).

N.C.

wow, unbelievable bbg, apparently you have no life that you prefer to play with bots instead of real humans?