Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Udderdude

Ressurection of Chaos released!

It's quite good. I played a couple of levels so far and I enjoy it. Definitely one of the better hexen maps I've played.

Seems like projects are spewing out this month. I'll give this a download!

edit: pretty good maps but you could have replaced the doom monsters with new monsters that would fit better. IMO anything with guns feels not-so-hexenish.

The retarded humour takes away half of the enjoynment from playing this wad.

Nmn said:

The retarded humour takes away half of the enjoynment from playing this wad.

as if you were strong anough to eat a Whale tractor and appearently all the damn Ettins ate all my Waffles

seriously I think ROC/HOC is Mock 2 The Speed of Stupid with better level design.

All I really see is a mish-mash of weapons and monsters from other games combined with a bunch of levels the author didn't even make. To me it shows a lack of originality, and hardly pushing gameplay into new and challenging territory.

zarkyb said:

All I really see is a mish-mash of weapons and monsters from other games combined with a bunch of levels the author didn't even make. To me it shows a lack of originality, and hardly pushing gameplay into new and challenging territory.

It never pretends to be more than that!

Graf Zahl said:

It never pretends to be more than that!

Oops, forgot to add a bit on the end. It's the text file that claims it's "pushing gameplay into new and challenging territory" ;)

I agree with Zarkyb and Graf. This doesn't feel like Hexen, quite the opposite. I kinda liked the previous stuff but not this one.

I admit it was a bit of an experiment, and it's nothing like classic Hexen, so if you think it sucks that's fine. I still think it came out ok.

As for the gameplay part, i think i should have just said 'challenging' .. nothing really new. Oh well.

And the jokes .. well, who cares? If that really ruins your experience that much, just go into the WAD and delete the sounds yourself. :P

And yeah, I didn't make any of the levels, if you think that makes it suck, it probabally does. Next map I'm making will be from scratch.

Meh, I expected something else. Imo Hexen is for serious mods only (ala RTC-3057), that's one of the reason there are so few Hexen mods.

Vegeta said:

Meh, I expected something else. Imo Hexen is for serious mods only.

Nonsense!

Vegeta said:

Meh, I expected something else. Imo Hexen is for serious mods only (ala RTC-3057), that's one of the reason there are so few Hexen mods.

If there's one thing I can't stand it's fantasy mods that take themselves too seriously. Complex plots, cutscenes, storylines .. who cares? Just throw the player in there with some weapons and make a mess. Well, it worked for HOC anyway .. :P