Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
c h i e f y

storming back to 1997: id's legendary DOOM [PSX Doom AVI demo]

So... is there point to having people around here download three-minute videos going from 25 megabytes in memory and up of you exhibiting uninteresting gameplay in PSX DooM?

Did anyone else notice that this isnt even the PSX Doom, it's the Atari Jaguar version, that's funny.

Bashe said:

That's what I thought. PSX Doom has differenet SFX altogether.

And colored lighting as well as a different shading engine and different lighting levels for sectors.

The jaguar version uses alot of the same maps as the PSX, but yeah, theres colored lighting, different lighting, alot darker, and the sounds and music way different. The status bar gave it away even before i heard the sounds though, i kinda like that status bar.

WildWeasel said:

Kaiser: According to GSpot Codec Analyzer, this is actually a QuickTime movie with an MPG file extension. Try using QuickTime player, or better yet, Media Player Classic.

Oops; Sorry guys. I didn't create the file, just supplied the raw video footage to my webmaster. Works OK for me though, if I just click on it in Netscape. %)
Not much to look at anyway, unless you're already familiar with the Mansion level. (Kaiser. ;)

Grazza said:

Is this, say, a world record for the Playstation version?

Just wondering is there an world record for completing doom in the shortest time possible.

compet-n

There isn't a combined record for all four episodes of Ultimate Doom though - there would be no way to verify it was all recorded in one session.

I believe twingalaxies has some stuff for the console versions.

Uh what the fuck, all it is, is some guy singing shitty music while someone is hiding behind a door from a pinky when he has 33 bullets.