Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
godfist

Anyone else have dreams about Doom?

Hrm, I can't remember exactly when I started having dreams about Doom, but it's been at least a few years. Actually I stopped playing Doom for 6 months to a year and started having a lot of dreams about Doom! After thinking about my latest dream one day I realized that my brain was probably trying to tell me that I wanted to play it again. So I found it and I'm dooming again. :)

As to what I dream about exactly, I dunno but it involves a lot of cyberdemons and bfg's. I've even dreamed up my own levels and stuff lol.

Anyone have a dream about Doom with other weird stuff involved, ie. You dream about going to school holding a rocket launcher or you're walking downtown late at night and suddenly hear the massive hoof beats of a cyberdemon, etc.

I believe the question is:
Who here hasn't had dreams about Doom?

Yeah, mine are even pixilated :)

Yeah, I think we all have. I've had quite a few dreams about Doom, but I can never remember the details. And I certainly can't remember enough to create a level out of them.

my dad watched over my shoulders for a while when i just bought doom 3, resurrection of evil.

The next morning he was like: "i dreamed about it. I dreamed that a doom monster came in and started attacking people, and you shot him"

looooool

Game crossovers that involved Doom. I remember dreaming of a Cacodemon wandering around the space station from System Shock.

Oh i've had a few...

Yes they were pixillated.

Some of them took place in spacestations, with a bunch of barons and hellknights chasing me.

Umm there was one with hellknights that had the speed/iq/strength of a zombieman, heck they even carried and used their weapons. It was in a big dark urban area with a lot of monsters fighting each other. Then a big snake came and killed everyone.

Another involved killing a Cybie to cross some fiery bridge, that was cool.

Then there was this one i had a few times. I was running away from something, and made a right into a corridor. The corridor went down a few feet, but if I crossed over, these two rabid ostriches with rocketlaunchers on their backs would come out from gaps in the corridor and kill me.
I mean it sounds stupid but their shreeks and agressiveness was scary.

Havent had a dream about Doom in a while though.

Everytime I dream of DooM, it always involves nightmares of getting surrounded suddenly by throngs of cyberdemons and spider masterminds and then hurriedly rushing to the main menu and then discovering that I cannot quit DooM. Heh.

Nautilus said:

Everytime I dream of DooM, it always involves nightmares of getting surrounded suddenly by throngs of cyberdemons and spider masterminds and then hurriedly rushing to the main menu and then discovering that I cannot quit DooM.

I've had that dream, only replace Cyberdemons and Spider Masterminds with Archviles out in the open. :P I hate dreams where you can't even hide or escape whatever it is that's coming after you.

in one dream i was running in the green goo with high walls around me and some barons attacking. mostly dreams about doom i have nowadays are really weird and the atmosphere is very very hostile and dark... the levels are fucked up and the monsters feel more life-like.

i had adream i walked down a long staircase. All of a sudden there was the ouch face instead of a regular face, then there was a cyberdemon.

I recently dreamed about having a cat-and mouse fight with a cyberdemon in an arena filled with brick pillars, the cyber was smaller than normal though, only a little taller than a person. Whenever i saw it i was too terrified to move.

I also had a half life 2 style dream of me and a squad of soldiers/armed civilians taking cover in some grotty houses in a deserted street, when a huge amount of cacodemons started coming down the street, and flying over the houses at the far end, so we started to blast away at them.

I once had a dream about some ugly brownish place,
wich was haunted by lots of revenants... map16 of Rebirth is inspired by that dream :)

Message for Spank: I also had some dreams involving different games into one dream. I had a combination of Doom and Unreal in one dream. It was awesome! Weilding a shotgun infront of the Skaarj rocked.

I remember I had two dreams of hell but thank goodness I thought of the shotgun from Doom because with out it, I would be scared stiff. Thank you boom stick!

-Alando1

I remember shortly after I got Doom last year. (I Hadn't played it since I was like 3.)

I had a dream that I was in playing Doom in a large outside area. It was like a heck area, the ground was red and there were Imps, Demons, and others all around. There was lava flowing to my left. I had played for a while and those hanging bodies had been attacking me. (Strange huh? lol)

Then, I went through this little bus stop shaped thing made of flesh. Then I saw them. There were 2 of 'em. They were imp bodies with different heads. The heads weren't actually that scary, (Like gory hands trying to escape the Imp bodies and flaps of flesh that kept pulling them in.), but the dream somehow made them seem liek the scariest things I ever saw. I soon shotgunned them and went to the esc menu. About the time I left the game, the dream ended.

I think I'll make a wad of that! That'll be so awesome!

The times i have doom dreams are allways in "twilight" sleep, that moment(s) before you fall completly asleep (or deeply) and there allways sped up about 10x faster than normal gameplay. ill be flying down hallways killing imps, opening doors super fast and running thru the level like everythings on "fast forward" like a "memory dump" my brain is giving me from playing so much of it. puking it back out at me on fast forward and me being able to visualise it.. strange.

Nautilus said:

Everytime I dream of DooM, it always involves nightmares of getting surrounded suddenly by throngs of cyberdemons and spider masterminds and then hurriedly rushing to the main menu and then discovering that I cannot quit DooM. Heh.

I had one like that only it was heretic and I couldn't turn down the volume it got louder and louder and painful screeching from an acolyte or soemthing and I woke up just before my head was about to explode.
:) I was trembling.

I have had a lot of doom dreams, and all the ones that I remember were pixelated.

I make wads from levels that I dream about.

The latest example, is this: http://www.realsimpsons.com/terraces.zip

The dream started me out playing a 1on1 versus some girl who had a record for being really good in deathmatch. The level was best described as a multi-tier sewer with lots of vertical architecture. The surface area of the map was rather limited because of this, and is not depicted very well in the map I made. One key point in the architecture was a crack with light leaking in, in the highest top corner. I didn't map that part either.
Anyways, this girl I was fighting, she was one sneaky little bitch and kept fragging me from the strangest of places. I was hiding behind some sort of locker/machine with a wall right behind me. I started to walk from behind it and she popped out from behind it too and fragged me! I also remember peeking down over one of the tiers watching her.

The rest is rather blurry, but I remember alot of green textures and grates on the floor.

Ive had lots of DooM dreams one was when I was 9 (I'M14now)It had a
"Cybie" with an axe and he stuck the axe in my back it sorta hurt but
when I turned around it was DUKE NUKEM

I've had quite a few Doom dreams myself. I can't remember them all, or remember them all in very much detail, but there is one that I remember pretty well. I was in a very tall building, maybe a skyscraper and I was on one of the very top floors. It was a sort of warehouse and there were these giant windows about the size of dock doors you expect to see at a warehouse, but they were windows instead of doors. Anyways, I was making my way through the warehouse killing pink demons and some of those spider things from Doom 3 (this was before Doom 3 came out but I had seen pictures of them). I was with 2 other people and we were making our way through the warehouse looking for some other people that we knew were around somewhere. After killing all the demons, we found the other group of people. Somehow, in the process of killing all the demons, we managed to bust out all the windows, from weapon fire I guess. We were standing around in the vicinity of a window, some pillars behind us, talking, making plans, and trying to figure out what was going on because the invasion just happened and we were caught in the middle of it. While we were talking, I kept hearing this noise, or at least thinking I was hearing a noise, but I couldn't quite make it out so I concentrated. As soon as I realized what it was, the sound stopped. I hushed everybody and looked toward the nearest blown out window and as I did, I heard the extinquish of a rocket and saw a red outline surrounding a dark, black circle in the night sky as a rocket flew towards the building we were in... right through the window. I dove behind a pillar and it detonated directly on the other side. That's all I really remember. For some reason, that dream stuck with me. Oh, and by the way, the "noise" I heard but couldn't quite fixate on was the sound of a Cyberdemon walking around outside in the city, off in the distance a little bit behind some other buildings until it came into eyesight of me. How it saw me from that far, I don't know.