Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
BFG'd

Heretic question [lost on E1M6]

Is it okay to ask for help on a level in a Doom-based game? Namely, Heretic?

Well, I'm completely lost on e1m6 (The Cathedral) I'm trying to figure out how to extend the stairs to the second level of the room with the raised center, or somehow open up the columns that appear to lead to the same area according to the map. (I hope I made this clear enough...) If you need a screen, I'll see if I can figure out how to post one.

Go to the room farthest to the east. There's a secret door at the left end of the south wall. That leads to another section of the map where the stairs can be raised.

You will have to find another secret door to get to the switch you need.

Graf, I didn't see any switch. I went into the secret passage, and found what I believe to be the second secret door that you mentioned, but it only gives me a gargoyle and a teleporter that leads me back to the very beginning of the level, and the only thing I saw was another teleporter which led to a small hall that goes to the graveyard.

And on top of that, my music stopped working...it's not been a good day.

I looked in the building in the graveyard, and I didn't find any switch. I found another teleporter, but that only led me up on to the raised area (Which I assume is a coffin) in the building. Do I have to push one of the gravestones maybe?

Edit: Never mind, I found it. Thanks Graf!