Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

That guy hit the ground fast .. owie. :O
Random flailing works if your opponent only knows the same thing, heh.

Lol the one guys fighting stance was hilarious since he only used it to intimidate the other.

That was awesome, that dude hit the ground so fast, his teeth are probably still lingering in the air...

Hahahah, that white dude looks really retarded pulling that martial arts stuff in a street fight.

Anders said:

Hahahah, that white dude looks really retarded pulling that martial arts stuff in a street fight.

It worked, didnt?

The thing is, he didn't perform any martial arts moves. He just swung punches and actually connected to the other guy's face. If that guy was to go up against a real martial artist, even if it was from something basic like karate or even a rookie boxer, he'd get beaten up pretty good.

It depends on what form they use. A lot do look like fruious brawls, but its important to remember that the martial artists actually know what they are doing.

Another thing to remember is that when you see somebody really doing martial arts, it isn't necessarily going to look like a carefully choreographed movie fight, possibly filmed over a number of days.

What you have also got to remember is that you cannot plan a fight, knowing martial arts does not give you the tactical advantage. For that you have to guess what your opponent's next move is going to be and all this in split seconds, then you have to react to whatever you have not anticipated. The only difference I see between this and a brawl is that martial arts experts have a larger arsenal at their disposal, though they have little chance to use it.

A lot of other things matter too, like each person's weight and height, their speed, etc. A lot of fights are won by pure chance as well... jeeze I can type a whole report on a topic like this. Theres much info to it.

Scuba Steve said:

Also a heavyweight boxer could always beatup a martial artist.

Jet Li's existence compels me to disagree with your statement.

Inferno said:

The thing is, he didn't perform any martial arts moves. He just swung punches and actually connected to the other guy's face. If that guy was to go up against a real martial artist, even if it was from something basic like karate or even a rookie boxer, he'd get beaten up pretty good.

I guess it depends on the martial arts. I take Kung Fu and we're tought to only fight until your opponent is on the ground. If he gets back up and takes another swing then put him back on the ground etc.

Janderson said:

What you have also got to remember is that you cannot plan a fight, knowing martial arts does not give you the tactical advantage. For that you have to guess what your opponent's next move is going to be and all this in split seconds, then you have to react to whatever you have not anticipated. The only difference I see between this and a brawl is that martial arts experts have a larger arsenal at their disposal, though they have little chance to use it.

That is one of the larger POINTS of martial arts.
Its not all about the actualy fighting. Its about developing speed, awareness, improvisation, etc.
Of course it helps to have it beaten into you that if opponents fist is coming from a certain direction, if you have been doing any sort of martial arts for a period of time, you will probably react with a reflexive *insert strike\move here*.
So it does make a big difference.

haha, I liked it. He goes into his stance and the other guys backs off real quick. A little intimidation could go a long way. But yeah, that was a nice solid punch...none of the grappling bullshit most fights seem to evolve into after a couple drunken swings.

Grappling has turned Ultimate Fighting into Ultimate Homo Eroticism.

Well it's true. Martial arts never look the same when used in a real fight. It's all about building the technique and learning just what to do when you need to defend yourself. I know this personally. Even at training when I do freestyle practice and especially competitions it's very different.

Heh, but f you ask me, I'd say that chap was just showing off for the crowd.

Possible this guy knew the basics of martial arts, as in he'd been going to classes for a month or so.

a well trained boxer would kill someone well trained in the martial arts. mike tyson or one of the great heavyweights would destroy bruce lee.

sorry, I should've read the rest of the thread before posting, just noticed two other people already made this point