Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Janderson

Legal Issues

Right forum? If I wanted to include someone's music in a WAD would I have to ask permission or credit it a certain way, or is that only if you are selling it?

In fact is there some kind of site which tells you all the rules for this sort of thing?

Look up some sites on copyright issues.

The basic principle is quite simple. If someone creates something, then it is their copyright. If other people want to use it in any way, they need the permission of the creator.

Giving credit is not a substitute for obtaining permission.

I've looked around for a bit but I can't seem to find anything relevant. I heard something of the EULA but I cannot seen to find a copy of its guidlines. Do they have a homepage?

Grazza said:

Giving credit is not a substitute for obtaining permission.

Unless someone clearly states that their resources can be used by everyone else.

In that case they have already granted permission, and you have therefore already obtained it.

Janderson said:

I've looked around for a bit but I can't seem to find anything relevant.

This Google search should lead you to a variety of relevant sites, of varying degrees of technicality.

Janderson said:

I've looked around for a bit but I can't seem to find anything relevant. I heard something of the EULA but I cannot seen to find a copy of its guidlines. Do they have a homepage?

The EULA is not an organization, it stands for "End User License Agreement". It's the thing you normally agree to abide by when you install a piece of software. Typically an EULA is written by the publisher's lawyers, so EULAs can vary greatly in their content.