Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
maxspeed

Pushing monsters?

Is it possible to push/move monster without waking it (in vanilla doom)? By pushing I mean exploding a barrel behind monster with crushing ceiling.

Duno, Just try making a line that activates a crusher that crushes a barrel and sends another one right infront of it through a teleporter behind the monster. Because the crusher blew it up, and not you, then that SHOULDENT wake the monster up, then again what do I know. I dont think I have tryed this, so just give it a shot :P Some one more knowlegable on the subject will probably Ither comealong and help you or say "Why use vanilla, just use [port X] " Oh well... Good luck with that.

I've just tested it playing as a zombie (setting Initial Health = 0 with dehacked), and monsters can be moved by barrel explosions without them waking up. The map I used to test this was Eye of the Beholder II map04.

Ok, I'll test some more, moving the monster isn't problem, but moving it without waking it is harder.

I'm trying to move monster just a little so it goes over teleport line and spawns in its 'sleep' state. It would make fun trap. But either monster moves too much and wakes or it doesnt move enough to teleport.

But this should be possible, right???