Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AirRaid

Alice (as in American McGee's) Movie

Interesting, indeed... good to see news of this finally resurfacing. I remember discussions about a possible CG Alice movie if I remember right, but nothing ever materialized.

I hope it's not CG.

mass-market Game -> mass-market CG movie = incredibly pointless

It would be a definite change, Alice is, mostly, a horror game, and most movie adaptations are of the action-shoot-em-up genre, even Resident Evil, so, a Horror Video Game movie would be very interesting, and...Horror in CG? Hmmm...

Was that released in the US?

If anyone wants to read the first book of Alice in Wonderland, here it is. Since this novel is in the form of a txt file I think I'll let a txt reader go at it so I can get some work done on something at the same time without having to look at my monitor. Reducing the time you spend looking at a monitor is good.

My hopes are lost for "American Mcgees Alice" (I was hoping for someone talented to pick up the games storyline and revamped it to make it more horrific than the original game) because it's being directed by the very same man who Remade and Raped Texas Chainsaw Massicure into a MTVed flick that was made for children (yes idoitic Teenage kids are still considered children folks) Along with that prick Michal Bay who produced the TCM remake is also destroying other horror classics into MTVed Remakes.

This Movie was originally going to be made by Wes Craven (the guy who made Last House on the Left, The Hills have Eyes, The original Nightmare on Elm Street and New Nightmare , The Scream films, and the recent craptilistic Werewolf flick "Cursed" although the Unrated version will come out soon on DVD) but I didn't think he would not make things better though.

Gokuma said:

Was that released in the US?

I think it's aviliable buts it's hard to find here in the US.

I think this is (was?) the only game->movie adaptation I've ever actually looked forward to. Interesting to see how it turns out. Although I wish they'd picked a younger (12-14ish) Alice...

I don't like the pick for the director either, not that Wes Craven would be any better... I guess expecting an actual artist [!] to direct a film in this country is blasphemous though.

Firebomb the director's guild. Bastards kicked out the director of Sin City for making a nonmember, Frank Miller, the freaking author, a co-directer. Yet, schmucks dribbling out half-assed hollywood bullshit are allowed to keep membership.