Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BFG'd

Strife Question [Leaflet Items]

I have two types of leaflet-like items. One has the medic cross on it, the other has the weapon shop symbol on it. How do I use them? I've tried hitting the use key with the things selected when at the counter of the shopkeeper, but nothing happens...(I must not be making myself overly popular, but oh well...)

To use the medic leaflet, go to the medic in the Front's base, and ask about the stamina implant. This will raise your Stamina by 10.

To use the other one, go to the guy who runs the firing range, and ask him to teach you. This raises your Accuracy by 10.

Spray said:

To use the other one, go to the guy who runs the firing range, and ask him to teach you. This raises your Accuracy by 10.

. . . and your firing rate, too.

Graf Zahl said:

Actually not. That doesn't change at all.

Well it sure sounds different. Oh well.

Graf Zahl said:

Not for me.

This may be a difference between the original .exe and ZDoom, since I remember it seemed to fire faster, or at least sound faster.

Piezo said:

This may be a difference between the original .exe and ZDoom, since I remember it seemed to fire faster, or at least sound faster.

I can't say. But I definitely can say that ZDoom's code for the weapons is an accurate representation of Strife's original.

What is Strife anyway? It sounds like an rpg based game? Is the engine based off of Doom or something?

godfist said:

What is Strife anyway? It sounds like an rpg based game? Is the engine based off of Doom or something?

It's an action game with RPG elements. And it is based on the Doom engine. ZDoom has full support for it so you may try to get the demo to see what you are missing. ;)

Also don't forget to check out the other ports that support strife, such as Vavoom, and SvStrife..

Actually, it's on *REMOVED* as xxx now. You can download it from there. I honestly don't think that anyone will mind.

Too late. If I had seen that 1 year and 3 months ago I would have bought it without hesitation. The game is definitely worth it.

Oh, shit! Somone delete that post, and this one too while you're at it. Please.