Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MikeyScoots

Anybody play Jk2/Jk3 here?

I'm trying to get a list of how many doomers have and play the Jedi Knight series on a regular basis. If you do drop down a line of what your username is and what server you play in.

I used to play JK2 quite a bit, but then the clan I was with all switched to 3, which I still don't like as much. That was about a year ago and I haven't really played since.

I play JK2 with the username "Dunbar" or something along those lines. I usually play on a "FLO" server or something like that where it's just a bunch of lightsaber duels. I'm hoping to aquire JK3 in the near future, but until then you'll find me in Outcast.

Odd, I don't post anymore.

I play Jedi knight DF 2. I am downloading it onto the comp w/ the internet (my laptop) as we speak. I'll make my SN asap.

I used to play jk2 a bit, but got tired of servers full of people standing around and/or force pushing eachother off ledges

i play them. however JK:DF2 is the best PC game ever next to Doom, imo.

I'm a huge Dark Forces/Jedi Knight fan. I have every game in the series :P It would be awesome if the made a sequel to Jedi Knight in the Doom 3 engine :P

for those not sure of the list of ones:
Dark Forces (Kyle Katarn)
Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II (Kyle Katarn)
Mysteries Of The Sith Expansion Pack for Jedi Knight (Kyle Katarn/Mara Jade)
Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast (Kyle Katarn)
Jedi Knight III: Jedi Academy (a Jedi student of your making)

Why do I like Jedi Knight:DF2 the best?

-Movie cutscenes
-awesome story
-imersive gameplay
-force and lightsaber implementation that was very advanced for its time (including force powers resembling a gravity gun)
-awesome main character (Kyle pwnz all)
-alternate storylines
-unforgetable weapons, levels, bosses, enemies, and fun
-Dark Jedi bosses you dueled with
-slaughter of innocents resulted in different story

we should like get something together. All of the people that still play JK2. Although i doubt anyone plays online anymore. When i try to play online, it just says searching...searching...searching...DAMMIT STOP WAITING! searching...

insertwackynamehere said:

-force and lightsaber implementation that was very advanced for its time (including force powers resembling a gravity gun)

You mean Force Throw? Ah yes, that was fun in deathmatch. You could kill tons of people at the same time, just by throwing a load of crates around the room. The only downside being that you didn't gain a frag for kills like that. Instead, the people who died lost a frag, much like a suicide.

Although doing that repeatedly isn't very popular with players in the middle of a duel, heh.

If a cdkey isn't required for JK2 I'm sure I can go out and buy a completely legal version. Is a cdkey required?

Heh, looks like JK: Dark Forces II is still installed, with the glowsaber mod, and I still have all my ridiculously crappy skins with dumb sound effects.

Just had a quick game with DooMGoaT, the final score was
DooMAD:1
DooMGoaT:-2

The crates prevail yet again. DooMGoaT even changed the text string to "%s was killed by those bloody boxes".

Ralphis said:

If a cdkey isn't required for JK2 I'm sure I can go out and buy a completely legal version. Is a cdkey required?

Nope, no cd-key's here. Neither of them do thankfully.

That skin you use is an abomination. Kyle Katarn's model, with the Q3 bitterman skin (complete with pain elemental mouth) crudely stretched over it. And Gork's sound effects.
Though at least it's better than that horrible, twisted 'The Thing' reject that occurred when you tried to use Gork's mesh in multiplayer.

Ralphis: You will no doubt be pleased to learn that JKII does not require a cdkey at all, making it entirely possible to go out and legally purchase a legitimate copy from Activision as any sensible hard working citizen clearly would.

DooMGoaT said:

That skin you use is an abomination. Kyle Katarn's model, with the Q3 bitterman skin (complete with pain elemental mouth) crudely stretched over it.

You mean this? What's wrong with it? Heh.

DooMGoaT said:

Though at least it's better than that horrible, twisted 'The Thing' reject that occurred when you tried to use Gork's mesh in multiplayer.

Yes, that was purely experimental and I never expected it to work as well as it did. But the invisible skin which just leaves a floating hand is still cool. Surely you have to give me some credit for that, heh.

insertwackynamehere said:

i play them. however JK:DF2 is the best PC game ever next to Doom, imo.

I'm a huge Dark Forces/Jedi Knight fan. I have every game in the series :P It would be awesome if the made a sequel to Jedi Knight in the Doom 3 engine :P

for those not sure of the list of ones:
Dark Forces (Kyle Katarn)
Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II (Kyle Katarn)
Mysteries Of The Sith Expansion Pack for Jedi Knight (Kyle Katarn/Mara Jade)
Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast (Kyle Katarn)
Jedi Knight III: Jedi Academy (a Jedi student of your making)

Why do I like Jedi Knight:DF2 the best?

-Movie cutscenes
-awesome story
-imersive gameplay
-awesome main character (Kyle pwnz all)
-alternate storylines
-unforgetable weapons, levels, bosses, enemies, and fun
-Dark Jedi bosses you dueled with
-slaughter of innocents resulted in different story

Jup i loved it to. But i started to get used to better graphics and now they make me dizzy :( . Anyway the quake 4 engine would be cool for it (= used for doom 3) ^_^. I was a bit sad to see they didnt actually record the cutscenes in jk2 with real actors like they did in jk df2. I think it was quite good.

The best thing I love about Jk2/3 is the fact that you can use your own custom skins/sabers/hilts hell even duel music. Right now my duel music is the Action Doom Boss theme :P.

I'm kinda confused with MP. I never get anyone to play with. Do I have to download something like a JK server, much similar to ZDaemon, or is it that no one is playing at that time? I go to the game's main menu and click on MP.

DooMer87 said:

I'm kinda confused with MP. I never get anyone to play with. Do I have to download something like a JK server, much similar to ZDaemon, or is it that no one is playing at that time? I go to the game's main menu and click on MP.

New List. And do you have patch 1.4?

DooMer87 said:

never heard of it.

It's a simple matter of putting on settings.
http://img33.echo.cx/my.php?image=clipboard011sp.jpg
Taken from JKA but should be similar. If you need the 1.4 patch for Jk2 get it here:
http://jediknight2.filefront.com/file/Jedi_Knight_2_Patch_104;3825
Once you do that just configure the settings in mp and hit new list, and you should be good to go. If not well just look for server ips on forums and add them to your favorites. Then you should be able to play.

Hell yes. The Jedi Knight games are undeniably brilliant games. Never did play much online, except for Outcast which I actually got pretty damned good at. Academy's multi was fun at a lan with mates too.

Christ, now I'm going to have to play those games again. Thanks bloodskull >_> <_< :D