Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
godfist

I'm a demo watching freak :)

I love watching new demos (mainly pwads as I've watched the hell out of Ultimate Doom, doom2, and both final doom wads heh).

Give me a new pwad and I don't want to play the it. I'd rather have a full 32 set of max demos of it to watch :). Yeah I'm lazy. I really love doom, but I just don't like PLAYING it that's all heh.

I've found the demo sites for HR2 (at opulent's archive) and Kama Sutra (through the thread here). I checked out what Opulent has at his archive, and other than AV, HR2 and some other really popular PWAD's he doesn't seem to have much (either that or I'm looking in the wrong place??). I've played a few levels of Strain but I haven't found a web page that has a bunch of max levels for it. Can anyone point me to other demo pages that have a lot of pwad demos? Thanks.

Edit:I found the Strain demo pack from DSDA. Just took me a while to notice where the lmppack zip was :). And it sounds like DSDA compet-n and one other site are the only places. Oh well its better than no demos (heh).

godfist said:

I checked out what Opulent has at his archive, and other than AV, HR2 and some other really popular PWAD's he doesn't seem to have much

If you go here (or go to the standard DSDA page and click on "Single-Player"), you'll find a massive listing of pwads for which there are demos (organized alphanumerically by the wad's file-name). There are individual pages for each, together with information (including tables in many cases) about each of the demos and download links (mostly to the files in the DSDA archive...).

The archive of DSDA stuff is here: 2,516 files (many containing multiple demos), and a total of nearly 177 MB. Well over 1000 hours of demos, at a very rough estimate.

You could do what I did, and point your FTP program at ftp://competn.doom2.net:8002/pub/sda/ and download the lot, so you have a local copy of them all. The same for ftp://competn.doom2.net:8002/pub/compet-n/ too.

robindegen: I'm not sure if you mean that you're trying to use Legacy to watch Doom2.exe demos, but if so, that won't work. You need to use the same exe that was used to record the demo, or one that has a compatibility mode for it (PrBoom and Eternity are the most notable ports in that respect).