Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

wow this is becoming more and more popular, thanks to celebrities. For those of you who dont know Scientology was a cult formed by Sci-Fi writer L. Ron Hubbard. It has since evolved into a religion thanks to Hollywood. And I find it hilariously ironic.

Why?

Because the wannabe liberal-cynicalism of Hollywood has led many celebrities to join Scientology to prove how different and independent they are. They think they are being cool and hip by joining this new age religion (in which were invaded millions of years ago by alien souls!) but in reality they are not the ones in control! Its ingenious, they're cynicalism is being used against them without thier knowledge! They are buying into a cult for publicity but they really dont have as much control as they think, and I find it hilarious. Cults work by playing off human emotion, usually people looking for the answer and who are lost. They take advantage of the fact the victims defenses are down on an already weak mind and tell them lies which the victim absorbs and believes. Now, you see everyone has a weak mind unless you train yourself not too because we are all born to absorb information around us, if we didnt we would never learn to talk or develop properly. However this is also a potential weakness which is why people can be told things enough and start to believe them (like the Elizabeth Smart case). The already weak mind, broken even more by confusion, and finally pushed over the edge by the person breaking it is extremely susceptible to suggestion. However Hubbard obviously played it a different way. Instead of playing off of a victim's weakness he played off thier headstrongness and pride. Its so ironic its not even funny, in fact it worked so well Scientology is a religion now!

Basically my point is, let this be a lesson, your mind is never safe. Also before someone starts saying I'm scaring them with that "weak mind" thing as if I'm some sort of killer or dictator or something, it is not meant as an insult. My mind is weak too, because I unfortuantly havent done anything either. People are all over building up muscular strength for physical protection, but if you dont build up mental strength to only accept suggestion you want or need, it CAN be used against you.

Reminds me of the "Girl in the Box", who was brainwashed into a sex slave in northern california in the 80's over a period of 7 or 8 years. Crimelibrary.com is funtastic!

http://www.freekatie.net
The Tom + Katie story is interesting indeed.

But yes... having been described as "someone who is lost", I ran the gamut of belief systems until I came upon my own. Fortunately, most of what I believe was adopted simply because it made sense to myself first and foremost. It leads to kind of a mush of different religions, but I'd say it's perfect for a scatterbrain like myself.

That being said, I never would've come across most new concepts (and this isn't limited to religious beliefs) if there weren't someone out there selling them. There, I think, is where we draw the line between a "receptive" and a "weak" mind. It all comes down to which trail of bullshit makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside-- so you have a smile on your face when you go out in the morning to take it in the ass for The Man.

Once upon a time (75 million years ago to be more precise) there was an alien galactic ruler named Xenu. Xenu was in charge of all the planets in this part of the galaxy including our own planet Earth, except in those days it was called Teegeeack.

Xenu the alien ruler Now Xenu had a problem. All of the 76 planets he controlled were overpopulated. Each planet had on average 178 billion people. He wanted to get rid of all the overpopulation so he had a plan.

Xenu took over complete control with the help of renegades to defeat the good people and the Loyal Officers. Then with the help of psychiatrists he called in billions of people for income tax inspections where they were instead given injections of alcohol and glycol mixed to paralyse them. Then they were put into space planes that looked exactly like DC8s (except they had rocket motors instead of propellers).

These DC8 space planes then flew to planet Earth where the paralysed people were stacked around the bases of volcanoes in their hundreds of billions. When they had finished stacking them around then H-bombs were lowered into the volcanoes. Xenu then detonated all the H-bombs at the same time and everyone was killed.

The story doesn't end there though. Since everyone has a soul (called a "thetan" in this story) then you have to trick souls into not coming back again. So while the hundreds of billions of souls were being blown around by the nuclear winds he had special electronic traps that caught all the souls in electronic beams (the electronic beams were sticky like fly-paper).

After he had captured all these souls he had them packed into boxes and taken to a few huge cinemas. There all the souls had to spend days watching special 3D motion pictures that told them what life should be like and many confusing things. In this film they were shown false pictures and told they were God, The Devil and Christ. In the story this process is called "implanting".

When the films ended and the souls left the cinema these souls started to stick together because since they had all seen the same film they thought they were the same people. They clustered in groups of a few thousand. Now because there were only a few living bodies left they stayed as clusters and inhabited these bodies.

As for Xenu, the Loyal Officers finally overthrew him and they locked him away in a mountain on one of the planets. He is kept in by a force-field powered by an eternal battery and Xenu is still alive today.

http://www.xenu.net/archive/leaflet/xenuleaf.htm

Fredrik said:

Sounds slightly less ridiculous than the Bible.

you know a lot of people insult the Bible out of dislike for many of the people who practice it, but the Bible itself is not bad. It is how it has been misinterpreted that is.

insertwackynamehere said:

you know a lot of people insult the Bible out of dislike for many of the people who practice it, but the Bible itself is not bad. It is how it has been misinterpreted that is.

The basic foundations of the bible, or any other religion (usually), is centered around peaceful living or to help your fellow man. I don't think atheists hate the bible for that reason - I think they hate it because some people need to be told that there's a higher plane of existence in order to behave in a manner that's condusive to peace. Let's face it, religion is toted around as a santa clause for adults. I'm not against religions, but I also get annoyed when the only reason I see people worshipping is to save their own bacon. Or in this case, for their status.