Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Corrupted Marine

The Gun Shop (SORRY WERE CLOSED !)

heres the first weapon up for grabs:

this weapon would be great for a WWII style mod,
i designed it off of some pictures of some old WWII guns.
i then added some dried blood spatters on the side.

hope ya like, if anyone wants it, just say so, and ill post the pickup sprite.

I have a question for you, Corrupt Marine. If other people are eventually able to "compete" with yours and others' level of quality for making weapons, would it be okay if they joined in on the Gun Shop? Obviously those involved would need to work out the weapon orders and assign them. The reason I ask this is because I hope to be able to make great weapons on my own too, and I wouldn't mind being involved with something such as this. If you would prefer that others do not get involved, that's fine, I'm just curious what your take is on this idea!

well Snarboo, i do beleive that would be a great idea! it would be really cool to make "The Gun Shop" this as a major doom source. the reason i started this thing is to earn some publicity. but im sure that with all the gun orders that will come in here, i could use some help. in fact, hurry up and get good so you can join. ;)
but for real, if you can get good and make your weapons look half way decent, you can join the shop.

corrupt_marine said:

but for real, if you can get good and make your weapons look half way decent, you can join the shop.

Awesome! I'm pretty good with making skeletons for weapons, and I have a nifty looking futuristic rifle in the works currently. The problem I currently have is with shading and detailing, however, although I'm trying to learn the GIMP(with a nifty plugin to make it more like Photoshop ;) so I can make use of fancy filters and layers, which should streamline the process of detailing/shading. I'm not sure when I'll be as good as you, NMN or Scuba though.

ORDER FORM

Name: Electrovolver
Image link: here.
Special Requests:
* Doomguy hands
* No muzzle fire
* 1 pick up sprite
** I want the ball on the back of the gun to spin, like in a constant barrel roll or something. This will be hard, but please do it.

There is my first order. Anyways, this is now sponsored by DA. :P

Also, it would be a good idea to get other people for hire. Expecially when you arn't on most of the time. Heh, you shoud have a site where you can host the gun shop's "products", and we can go right click and save as em. :P

Also, nice gun. Looks like an old WW2 dart gun, used for underwater killing.

*Finished Order*
for:
WildWeasel

note: well, i told ya, my guns may not be as great as Nmn or ScubaSteve, but i took 30 minutes out of my time to make this for you. i really hope you like it. it didnt really turn out as great as i had hoped. the shading kind of got screwed up when i turned up the contrast. but i tried to fix it.

if you like what you see, just reply and ill make the pickup for you.

oh and the only thing i expect in return is credits for this gun graphic.

Chrono_T: i am working on your weapon. the spinning ball... possible... i will try to make it work, but im not that great at making animation. ill try and make it work.

EvilHomer: you'll have to wait till i get done with Chrono_T's order, after all he was first. but it shouldnt take me that long. unless i decide to turn in early tonight. ;)

You see corrupt, you need more staff members for the gun workshop.

Also, on zdoom, in the corrupt project, did you ever post that muzzle fire and pick up for that gun that you made for it, that you said I can use?

To: Corrupt_marine, c/o The Gun Shop
Re: Order

We at the Doom Armory are most satisfied with your product. We have found it to be most pleasing. We would like a full shipment (100 units) and one pickup sprite at your leisure.

Sincerely yours,
WildWeasel

corrupt_marine said:
this weapon would be great for a WWII style mod,
i designed it off of some pictures of some old WWII guns.
i then added some dried blood spatters on the side.

hope ya like, if anyone wants it, just say so, and ill post the pickup sprite.

is that a Grease gun?

I wanna pickup sprite.

*Finished Order*
for:
*Chrono_T*

note: ok, so with this one, i added the spinning frame as you requested, and i ran it through doom. i think you will be most pleased! it works great. when you run it through decorate, set the Weapon_Ready frames duration, to 10. it will spin quite well! and i added a dirty, sort of molded look. All sales are final, so dont even think about asking me to make it look clean and shiny. ;)

also, the pickup is on the way, so just stay in touch with The Gun Shop!

WildWeasel: i am working on the pickup. expect it very soon!

Chrono_T: i am also working on your pickup.

evilhomerdoomer: i am working on your weapon.

Captain Red: i will make a pickup! thanks for claiming that gun!

Lizardcommando: ok, the sketches are very vague, i will just add my own details. :) looks like a modified AK-47 to me.

"note to all customers of The Gun Shop:
i am finding it very difficult to keep up with orders and fill them all in time. i must ask all of you to be patient. and know that you must wait in line! if there is many people in front of you, you must expect a little bit of wait time before your order is filled. it usually takes me about 30-60 minutes to make a gun from scratch. and i tend to take breaks in between. so dont get impatient with me, im trying my best. "

thanks!

*Finished Order*
for:
*evilhomerdoomer*

note: well homer, im sorry bro, but this just didnt turn out like id hoped. i screwed up about half way through, so i sort of did my own thing to finish it. i know its not half of what you expected, but im sure you could use it... right? :)

and im also working on the flash sprites, they will be done tommorow.

but right now im going to bed.

corrupt_marine said:

oh.... my.... god.... Chrono, your so picky and demanding. i give up!

I'm sorry Corrupt for the way I acted. :(

Ya know, after you get used to it, it actually looks better without the bronze! :P

I apologized damnit, it does look better with the silver in the long run, and the rustic looks much better (expecially the front).

You didn't find any smart gun that you liked? Heh, there's about three already. :P

Whoever made that smartgun model sure knows his modeling!

I know there are some floating around somewhere, hell, there is even one I ripped from avp2 for my avp mod, but it was really grainy and horrible.

That smartgun in the image is a replica iirc, it was the best detailed one I could find.

Like wow. Corrupted's speed in making guns is really something :) 3 guns in one day? Nice.
I'm also very happy to see that someone is actually producing weapons for the community besides me. My plan on raising weapon artists worked. So has happened with me, so has happened with Corrupted. More artists to come /me hopes :)

corrupt_marine said:

*Finished Order*
for:
*evilhomerdoomer*

note: well homer, im sorry bro, but this just didnt turn out like id hoped. i screwed up about half way through, so i sort of did my own thing to finish it. i know its not half of what you expected, but im sure you could use it... right? :)

and im also working on the flash sprites, they will be done tommorow.

but right now im going to bed.

SWEET MOFO! That is better than what I wanted! Great job there Corrupt!

Corrupt is a MACHINE! AWESOME STUFF.

I've got a melee weapon:

ORDER FORM

Weapon: Scythe
Image Links: http://graphipedia.squares.net/image/Weapon/Scythe/Mrc.Cpt.Scythe.jpg
http://www.rhc.rdg.ac.uk/olib/images/elearning/The%20Victorian%20Countryside/zooms/scythe_96_111_a.jpg
http://www.fellpony.f9.co.uk/country/haytime/ley1.jpg
Special Requests:
* No hands
* No muzzle flash
* 1 view sprite, 1 pickup sprite
* Wooden handle for the scythe preferred, but not required.

If I can get this sprite, I promise some seriously badass death effects in my next mod.

You know, the weapon for evilhomerdoomer looks like a BFU (Big Freekin'Uzi). The weapons look very well done. I couldn't do this.

-Alando1

Chrono_T said:

It looks nice, but, well, it's not bronze. :\

Ever tried to recolor it?