Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
dark santaclaus

buying a GeForce3

i have seen like ten manufacturers who have it in their cards, but which one is the best', for example, the elsa one, has a tv out and a video in, and 3d glasses or something, and a bunch of programs included, it seems good but is more expensive and i dont know "elsa", so much to guess if it is a good card, vision tek have it too, but id the new "ti 500", and looks better and cheaper than the other one, then the other ones have almost the same, my question is, which one should i buy?, or having the "GeForce3" chip they are all good?, which one is the best buy?????

I was reading some stuff about geforce 3, and looks like the best option. Anyway I think Lord Flathead or Zaldron are the people that know about this...

Well I won't pretend to be an expert on graphics cards (or anything, for that matter), cause I'm not. I have seen the Leadtek WinFast GeForce3 in action at a friend's house, and I can confirm it's a fine piece of machinery. It's not so much the sheer speed as it is the range of new features supported. Wait until you see Nvidia's "Shiny bumpmaps" demo in action and hear the sound of your jaw hitting the turf.

Anyway, if you're buying a GF3 with the intent of playing Doom3 on it (like I am), maybe you're better off waiting until the GeForce4 comes out. If you're in dire need of a reasonably fast card (if, say, you're still stuck with a Voodoo3), get a GeForce2MX for $300 or less and wait before upgrading to a kick-ass card. If you have the money and the need for excessive speed, go ahead and buy the GF3. Simple as that.

My dad has the newest Radeon, and has had it for about 6 months, and he says that it can render shadows in-game. I don't have any idea why Steve Jobs was so exited over the GeForce3.